21 day fix!!

Options
Looking for support on 21 day fix plan! Hope to hear from you soon!!

Replies

• ravenrbrown
    ravenrbrown Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 21 day fix this week (just ordered and it should be here by Wednesday)! Have you started yet? It would be great to have some support :smile: I have a vacation planned in mid-August and need to do some serious toning prior to my trip, so I plan on doing 2 rounds before then. Let me know how it's going for you!
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Starting 21DF extreme on July 24!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sorry, what's 21 day fix? It's the first I have heard of it.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    Sorry, what's 21 day fix? It's the first I have heard of it.

It's a BeachBody rip-off of the old Weight Watchers Exchange program with a set of workouts. If you like workouts - it's great. But the containers make for very inflexible eating.

Green container – Veggies
    Purple container – Fruits
    Red container – Proteins
    Yellow container – Carbs
    Blue container – Healthy Fats
    Orange container – Seeds & Dressings

You get so many of each container (depending on your calorie goal). But many people end up logging here also because you can under eat depending on your choices (lower cal fruit as an example). Container sizes are on Pinterest (very expensive from Beach Body) - plus they try to sell you their shakes.
  • Rufftimes
    Options
    Ignore the post above....for some reason everyone hates on Beachbody here. 21 Day fix is very popular and a ton of people have been successful with it. But no, it isn't free, so it must be bad.
    In reality, the containers are not as accurate as weighing every gram of food and spending two hours a night meal prepping, but they're convenient, simple to follow and work just fine. as far as cost? Buying the containers alone are probably not cheap, but you get a set with the program. I'm following the diet plan now and find it very flexible. You can have snacks, even wine. In fact, it's probably Beachbody's closest diet plan to what everyone preaches here.....eat what you want, just eat less. The workouts are good, well produced and have a decent variety to them. It's not my first Beachbody program of choice, but it's very popular for a reason
  • BWadeRN
    BWadeRN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @Thick2Lean @ravenrbrown I would LOVE to talk to you guys about accountability with 21 Day Fix! PM me!!!!!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Rufftimes wrote: »
    Ignore the post above....for some reason everyone hates on Beachbody here. 21 Day fix is very popular and a ton of people have been successful with it. But no, it isn't free, so it must be bad.
    In reality, the containers are not as accurate as weighing every gram of food and spending two hours a night meal prepping, but they're convenient, simple to follow and work just fine. as far as cost? Buying the containers alone are probably not cheap, but you get a set with the program. I'm following the diet plan now and find it very flexible. You can have snacks, even wine. In fact, it's probably Beachbody's closest diet plan to what everyone preaches here.....eat what you want, just eat less. The workouts are good, well produced and have a decent variety to them. It's not my first Beachbody program of choice, but it's very popular for a reason

Hey, why so aggressive? 2 hours per day mealprepping? I cooked a simple pasta dish this evening with fresh sardine that I happen to find in my supermarket, lots of cherrytomatoes, onion, garlic, capers, and chili. Cooking, filletting the fish and logging took not even 30 minutes, and I cooked this the first time and just made it up as I went along. It had about 540kcal and was absolutely delicious.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

no one is hating on it. just providing other insights to the program.and for some they were eating very low calories using the 21 day fix.and no one here is spending 2 hrs a night meal prepping. I sure as heck dont. I dont food prep at all. do I weigh my food? yep because I cant properly eyeball portion and grams are more accurate than measuring in cups or containers and weighing can be the difference between losing weight and not losing weight for some.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options

No one was disparaging the 21 Day Fix.

Beachbody (as a company) does get pushback here, as do ALL multi-level marketing schemes, because they tend to push people to pay for their products and promise unrealistic results, sometimes using quite unhealthy techniques.

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

I didn't see it as hating. In fact, the post provided an enlightening, simple explanation of the program. Through this brief detail of the container system I have at least some idea of how it works. It seems reasonable enough. Useless posts where people just rave about how great something is without giving specifics don't really tell me anything about how it works.

And who spends two hours meal-planning? Weighing out your food takes 2 minutes a day, not 2 hours. About as long as separating and sticking food into separate, differently-colored containers. Brushing my teeth also takes 2 minutes but I don't consider that a waste of time, either. LOL! If this 21 day fix program works for you, that's great. No hate. :)
  • Rufftimes
    Options
    Ok, This was a post specifically asking for support on the 21 day fix. The third post in calls it a rip off of another program, inflexible, and overly expensive. That's not bashing? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when a post goes up asking for specific support on a product, that isn't the place to do it. It would be the exact same as someone putting up a post asking for support on Stronglifts 5x5, and I were to jump in there, say it's a ripoff of Starting strength, boring as hell and not very effective. Do you see my point? If the poster had asked, "How does everyone feel about 21 day fix?" then go right ahead.

I'm sorry, I just find it disheartening when people come on here with a decision and a plan to make change, and people immediately start picking it apart because it's not their preferred method. The biggest hurdle to all of this is to have a plan. If someone comes here with a plan, whether it be 21 day fix, weight watchers, a personal trainer or a crossfit class, we should be applauding it. They have a plan, they're already winning.

So, to the original posters. Congrats on picking 21 day fix, There are good workouts in there, and the eating plan although not perfect is simple, well balanced and will definitely help you lose weight and teach you the basics of healthy eating.
  • cassi82
    cassi82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week yesterday and am starting week two today. I'm not doing the containers, but eating clean and trying to hit my macros. Feel free to add me for support!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Ok, This was a post specifically asking for support on the 21 day fix. The third post in calls it a rip off of another program, inflexible, and overly expensive. That's not bashing? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when a post goes up asking for specific support on a product, that isn't the place to do it. It would be the exact same as someone putting up a post asking for support on Stronglifts 5x5, and I were to jump in there, say it's a ripoff of Starting strength, boring as hell and not very effective. Do you see my point? If the poster had asked, "How does everyone feel about 21 day fix?" then go right ahead.

I'm sorry, I just find it disheartening when people come on here with a decision and a plan to make change, and people immediately start picking it apart because it's not their preferred method. The biggest hurdle to all of this is to have a plan. If someone comes here with a plan, whether it be 21 day fix, weight watchers, a personal trainer or a crossfit class, we should be applauding it. They have a plan, they're already winning.

So, to the original posters. Congrats on picking 21 day fix, There are good workouts in there, and the eating plan although not perfect is simple, well balanced and will definitely help you lose weight and teach you the basics of healthy eating.

Well, lets be honest: that poster could have written: "it's the same as the old weight watchers" instead of that "it's a rip-off of...". But that poster wrote that there are cheaper options and names where to find that information. he did not say: "you're so stupid to pay money for it" but mere offered help. And dividing food into containers is.. well.. it's a way of eating I suppose but quite honestly it does sound more complicated to me. Even if I was to cook with those ingredients afterwards I need to wash the containers.
  • Rufftimes
    Options
    I kinda like them to be honest. Like I said, I just started the eating plan and do a different workout right now, but I guess because I work 10 hr shifts, I just fill the containers and throw them in my lunch pail lol
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

the point is a lot of these "diet" plans ARE ripoffs of other diets in the past.same with a lot of the workout videos/dvds,a lot of the moves may be the same but are called something else.another thing is when you post on a public and open forum anyone can post and say how they feel about the product.

beachbody does try to push their other products on people though I have seen it, so thats not bashing the product. many people have tried beachbody products and they ARE overpriced products.Sure any workout can help it doesnt have to be beachbody, and heck you can get containers like theirs at the dollar tree or many other dollar stores cheaper.most of the people here who have spent the money on these things just want others to save their money and show them that weight loss doesnt have to cost you an arm and a leg.

I have never used any products to help me lose weight and I lost it on my own. These programs out there most of them are MLMs so they are going to try and push to sell as much product as they can to make more money especially a lot of the coaches.The more they sell the higher of a tier they get to,the more they have to sell again. its a cycle.A lot of these programs also make claims about their products that arent true either.

This is why you will see people telling others not to do it and save their money and so on.
  • Rufftimes
    Options
    which is fine, IF a person is asking for an opinion. The OP wasn't. She had already started the program, and was looking for support, not people telling her she was ripped off. She wasn't. She bought a program that appealed to her, and she's doing it. Like I said she's already winning. My local gyms would cost around 750 a year and offer nothing but equipment. And 9 dollar protein shakes. And classes that cost "extra". Is it a rip off? Not for the people who use it. That's my whole point here. As long as you're doing something you're enjoying, people shouldn't be criticizing you for it.
    So in closing. I've been doing beachbody for about six months. I've gotten great results, I look at the after pics in my profile and I'm happy. I bought the on demand package and change my program as soon as I finish one. And it's cost about half of a gym membership that offered me nothing but a place to go and lift weights or run on a treadmill. So I personally do not feel ripped off in the least
  • TeaBea
    Options
    which is fine, IF a person is asking for an opinion. The OP wasn't. She had already started the program, and was looking for support, not people telling her she was ripped off. She wasn't. She bought a program that appealed to her, and she's doing it. Like I said she's already winning. My local gyms would cost around 750 a year and offer nothing but equipment. And 9 dollar protein shakes. And classes that cost "extra". Is it a rip off? Not for the people who use it. That's my whole point here. As long as you're doing something you're enjoying, people shouldn't be criticizing you for it.
    So in closing. I've been doing beachbody for about six months. I've gotten great results, I look at the after pics in my profile and I'm happy. I bought the on demand package and change my program as soon as I finish one. And it's cost about half of a gym membership that offered me nothing but a place to go and lift weights or run on a treadmill. So I personally do not feel ripped off in the least

My post was not directed at the OP - you will see that I quoted @rencawdor24

I've lost weight and regained and I know that the container "system" is not something that will follow ME to maintenance. So for ME the containers would be silly.

The old Weight Watchers exchanges were much more flexible (recipe books...plural). You had more than 1 fat exchange, so you didn't have to keep track of 1/4 and 1/2 containers. Richard Simmons Deal a Meal was the first copy of Weight Watchers exchange program. WW proved to easy to copy so now WW is "points."

There are plenty of ways to copy your own 21DF containers for cheap. I'll repeat my earlier comment (since you missed it) if you like the workouts.....great.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

well here you will get opinions whether you asked or not. Others may like seeing others opinions on the subject as well to gauge whether or not its for them.if she likes the program then good for her. but some people want to hear the pros and cons to everything.some people can get gym memberships cheaper and they can make their own protein drinks cheaper and so on too. if someone wants to spend the money thats up to them.but many dont realize what they are getting into with programs like these.