New and looking for friends

Options
Hey there, I just started up a new account a couple weeks ago when I decided to get serious about getting healthy. I'm a full time college student who has been overweight my whole life. It's time to start feeding my body things that are good for it - it's been two weeks and already I can feel the difference since I cut out most sweets and chips.

I'm looking for friends to help keep me accountable and on task. I'm looking to lose about 30 lbs total. I'm 5 foot 3, and all this extra weight is hard on my joints and packs on my small frame. I'm pear shaped, so most of my weight is in my thighs/legs/hips instead of my stomache, so from a health perspective I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

I just need to find motiviation to excercise, that's where I always have problems. If you have suggestions for easy, effective excercises to ease me into a routine, that'd be great.

Thanks all! :)

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome... You will love this site! Feel free to add me! :)
  • hannahdiaz2
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a full time college student as well and looking to lose about the same amount of weight as you. Id love to help keep you motivated. Feel free to add me :)
  • Kphenderson
    Kphenderson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We are in almost the exact same bout. I'm a full time college student as well, 5"3, and we almost weight the same. We can keep each other motivated! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    HELLO, nice to have u here......im happy for u that u join mfp...im here for u . also; u can add me if u want....u can motivate me and i will motivate u.:smile:
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You've come to great site for support & motivation, there's loads of wonderful people here to help

Good Luck

Di :smile:
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I joined last Friday and this site has made a HUGE impact on my sticking to "the plan". I decided to make my weight loss fitness program a full time job - my second job. MFP's food and exercise logs make the job so much easier.

I'm 5'3" and started with a weight of 242 pounds. My weigh-in days are on Fridays, but on Monday, I was curious and weighed in at 238 pounds - a loss of four pounds. I believe this had to do with the fact that I increased my physical activity. I vowed to walk at least one hour each day on the treadmill. I also do 15 minutes of weights, alternating days for upper and lower body workouts. I do one minute of situps because that's all I can do for now.

I'll be 57 years old in September and my goal is to weigh at least 130 pounds by my 59th birthday.

I plan to retire on 12/31/2016, at age 62.

Bottom Line: Make EXERCISE your number one priority. That's the "secret" behind shedding excess weight. EXERCISE.

PS: While I'm on the treadmill, I get in 60 minutes of reading -- something you can appreciate as a college student!
  • YellowUnicorn
    Options
    Hello. I joined yesterday. This place is a great place. Please feel free to add me. ( I could some more friends) haha
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! This is a great forum for support! You have comet to the right place! :)
  • KaLynnLauson
    Options
    I'm new too! Please add me if you wish! I'm 5'2 and weigh 150, just turned 28 the weight creeped on. I'm working with a trainer to get back to my college days weight. Goal of 130 :)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello, welcome. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • chynn
    chynn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hi!
    im new to the community as well.
    add me if youd like!

chin
  • RickyBobby07
    Options
    You have come to the right place, here everyone compliments everyone, I just started my self not long ago & I can already feel a big difference in my body & in my eating habits & with the encouragment of all the great people on here cheering you on, you can reach your goal weight. Stay strong, you can do this, go for it !!