What do you like to mix with your protein shake?

Options
13»

Replies

• 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Half a avocado & unsweetened almond milk. Thick, smooth & taste great and helps get the good fats in.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My smoothie today had 35 grams of protein and not a bit of protein powder.

What was in it?!? That is an awesome amount of protein!

4 oz whole milk kefir, 1 oz hulled hemp seed, 30 g PB2, 1 oz frozen berries, 1 banana, 60 g kale, and 2 scoops, about 16 actual grams, of Liv Fit - Superfood Blend With Protein, along with a random quantity of ice for volume.

I first saw the Liv Fit - Superfood Blend With Protein at Wal-Mart last week in the baking goods section near the gluten-free flours. It's not really for baking, and it does suggest adding it to shakes and smoothies. The nutrition facts on the package says that 2 scoops is 12 grams, of which 6 grams are protein. However, 2 level scoops is 16 grams, so I got 7.5 g of protein.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

pwp0z7yco

pwp0z7ycou79.png

Mrm - 100% All Natural Veggie Protein = Protein Powder.

@StealthHealth
    My smoothie was at breakfast. My Lunch is indeed a vegan protein powder in water along with a piece of bread with ~ 1 oz of banana spread on it.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    - 1 Scoop Whey Protein Isolate (unflavored and unsweetened)
    - 1/4 Cup Steel Cut Oatmeal (homemade)
    - 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
    - Dash of Cinnamon
    - Drops of almond or vanilla extract

OR

- 1 Scoop Whey Protein Isolate (unflavored and unsweetened)
    - 8 oz. Almond Milk (unsweetened)
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    - Chocolate protein powder
    - 4 Berry Blend ->frozen (Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry)
    - Spinach*
    - Flax Seed
    - Coconut water

*Because cooked spinach is better for you than raw spinach (if you doubt this look it up) I steam spinach and portion it into frozen spinach pucks for my smoothies.
  • CeciliaBobilia
    CeciliaBobilia Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've gotten a lot of great suggestions, but here's another:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 medium sweet potato (cooked, of course)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
    1 tbsp chia seeds
  • BusyMomma_RH
    BusyMomma_RH Posts: 16 Member
    Options

What was in it?!? That is an awesome amount of protein!

4 oz whole milk kefir, 1 oz hulled hemp seed, 30 g PB2, 1 oz frozen berries, 1 banana, 60 g kale, and 2 scoops, about 16 actual grams, of Liv Fit - Superfood Blend With Protein, along with a random quantity of ice for volume.

I first saw the Liv Fit - Superfood Blend With Protein at Wal-Mart last week in the baking goods section near the gluten-free flours. It's not really for baking, and it does suggest adding it to shakes and smoothies. The nutrition facts on the package says that 2 scoops is 12 grams, of which 6 grams are protein. However, 2 level scoops is 16 grams, so I got 7.5 g of protein.

You know what, it is so funny that you use the Superfood, I was literally looking into buying that exact one from Liv Fit. So I should have just gone with my gut and bought it, but I will when I go back! Thanks :smiley: