What's the best piece of advice you would give about successfully getting to your goal weight?

Options
newstart1988
newstart1988 Posts: 154 Member
What advice would you give?

Replies

• alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    take baby steps, you will be amazed at how small changes to your lifestyle can make a difference. For me, I cut out fried foods, bought an air-fryer. I also cut back to one diet pepsi a day, with lots of water. Move a little more, eat little less! You can do it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Log your food, your weight, and exercise.

All are important to see in writing. Trends start to appear, and there is no arguing with numbers. Having a written record to look back on becomes really important over time. Lack of discipline was always my problem and it's so easy to fall back to previous patterns.
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Make changes that you can maintain long term.
    As I have learned in the past , short term extreme changes are not maintained, so make the changes that I can commit to long term to be successful and maintain that success.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great tips!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    What advice would you give?

Make it a doable habit and stick to it.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Once you get a handle on logging your calories accurately and moving more, weight loss isnt that hard. Mentally it can be tough and frustrating sometimes, but its a simple process and before MFP I thought losing weight would be something that was terribly hard and I could never do it. Compared to that, counting calories and moving more is easy.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Patience--with both your weight-loss and yourself.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Persistence
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!