Weight Lifting

Options
Can anyone tell me why you don't earn calorie burn for lifting weights? I put in my data for lifting weights today and I did not receive any bonus calories for the weight lifting session.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me why you don't earn calorie burn for lifting weights? I put in my data for lifting weights today and I did not receive any bonus calories for the weight lifting session.

Because MFP sucks (no offense Mike lol) as far as determining calorie burn and TDEE for a 24 hour period.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Search under cardio. Its in there. Also...if you keep breaks between sets short and keep you heart rate up can call it circuit training. Also under cardio.
  • lifeisadancefloor
    lifeisadancefloor Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I enter it as strength training, it doesn't burn too many calories, but you have to burn some lifting weights, right?
  • woofers1803
    Options
    I know I preach the heart rate monitor, but it's the best way to get the right count on your calories for weight lifting. It's the only way to get a really accurate number.
  • Buddhaboy
    Buddhaboy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    List weight lifting under cardio
    It says my 30 min session burns 176 calories
  • sara1312
    sara1312 Posts: 3
    Options
    I wondered this too, can it be changed?
    I was told by my personal trainer that pulling weights is just as important as diet and excersize.