Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Options

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi, TH2017!

I started at 154 and MFP also suggested 1200 calories. If I did it again, I would track my typical eating for a week then, each week or so after, work my way down. If I had done it this way, I would have avoided the fatigue and depression -and at one point lightheadedness-that came with such a dramatic cut. Whatever number you go with, listening to your body is important.

I did choose a few different numbers to target as I progressed. I did end up using 1200 for much of it. Whatever the number, the sanity rule was that 100 calories in either direction counts as a successful day. Refused to starve myself, but was determined to get to fighting weight.

Exercise helped a ton, plus eating back your calories means extra snacks later!

Finally, when I transitioned to maintenance, I found 1500 kept me at my goal weight.

Don't be afraid to question the algorithm. If you have questions, check with your doctor.

Good luck! You're in your way!
  • hannahvean
    hannahvean Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5! Starting weight is 155, currently down to 147.5. Please add me!
  • dragonfly_66
    dragonfly_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 4 and I lost 70 lbs. Anyone can add me but be warned I post links to my blog and recipes etc. Not selling anything though!
  • Helika18
    Helika18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'0 and 146 pounds I had lost all my weight (126) but then got injured and gained it all back! Trying to get myself motivated again but it seems it's not as easy this time around. Good luck to you!
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    blondeandfeistyAF13 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    @jenniferj0417 yo-yoing is the worst!! I find that I do super well when I have some motivational factor in place, but once that goes away I am done for. My motivation this time is me and my health and well-being. So far that seems to be a good choice for me :)
  • wellsashley75
    wellsashley75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. 2 years ago I was 170 pounds. I'm now maintaing 120 but want to lose 10 more. If I can do it ya'll can do it :)
  • sigsiddy
    sigsiddy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4-5ish. 50 yrs old. I eat real food and would like friends! I have lost about 8 pounds. Still have 10 to go. Add me please!
  • emgrace8498
    emgrace8498 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'0" (super short) and I'm looking for more motivation and people to motivate! My goal is about 25-30 more pounds before my wedding in August 2018.
    Feel free to add me !
  • jenniferj0417
    jenniferj0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 4 and I lost 70 lbs. Anyone can add me but be warned I post links to my blog and recipes etc. Not selling anything though!

Omg I love food blogs!!!!!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    I'm 5'1. 2 years ago I was 170 pounds. I'm now maintaing 120 but want to lose 10 more. If I can do it ya'll can do it :)

Wow!!! That's so amazing!!! Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    dbadgley13 wrote: »
    @jenniferj0417 yo-yoing is the worst!! I find that I do super well when I have some motivational factor in place, but once that goes away I am done for. My motivation this time is me and my health and well-being. So far that seems to be a good choice for me :)

I feel like that's my problem! I need to find something that truly motivates me. Well actually since my fiance proposed I suppose looking good in my wedding dress can be my motivation! Lol
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'0" (super short) and I'm looking for more motivation and people to motivate! My goal is about 25-30 more pounds before my wedding in August 2018.
    Feel free to add me !

Congrats!!!!! I'm also getting married next August! We can motivate each other!!!
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Good to see other shorties around! I'm 5'1" as well :)
  • duebedm
    duebedm Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm right at the line! Between 5'4" and 5'5" depending on whose ruler we're using. (It's odd...one doc says 5'5" and another has 5'4").
  • m_nelson04
    m_nelson04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    4' 11" here...goal to dump 44 lbs to start then maybe another 10-20 depending how I feel and look. I'm not trying to be "skinny" but back where shopping for clothes doesn't involve compromise and tailors (if it fits boobs, butt, and gut it needs hemmed 6-7 inches or is ugly as sin). Just started and am working on better food choices, portion control, eating at regular intervals, and increasing activity. If I stick with it, I could be near my goal by my birthday. So many false starts before; I'm determined this time. Today the craving monster is kicking and screaming but I haven't caved. Encouragement welcomed!
  • cmanitowabi
    cmanitowabi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 180 lbs and 4' 11" -although my drivers licence says 5ft
  • luckyu7002
    luckyu7002 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'3" momma of 1 here. I am down 13 pounds in about a month of MFP. Just started adding a gym routine the past 2 weeks. I want to lose another 20 atleast. I need food ideas from others. I feel like I eat the same thing every day.
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    amhuerta wrote: »
    Hi. I am 5'. I need to lose about 40 more pounds but am focused more on how my clothes fit. There was a time I needed to lose 60 pounds so I am definately moving in the right direction. I would love some new friends who are encouraging and where I can encourage back.

Great weight loss so far!!! I also want to lose around 40 pounds!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    m_nelson04 wrote: »
    4' 11" here...goal to dump 44 lbs to start then maybe another 10-20 depending how I feel and look. I'm not trying to be "skinny" but back where shopping for clothes doesn't involve compromise and tailors (if it fits boobs, butt, and gut it needs hemmed 6-7 inches or is ugly as sin). Just started and am working on better food choices, portion control, eating at regular intervals, and increasing activity. If I stick with it, I could be near my goal by my birthday. So many false starts before; I'm determined this time. Today the craving monster is kicking and screaming but I haven't caved. Encouragement welcomed!

lol that's great!!!! Show those cravings who's boss! lol my goal isn't to be skinny too. I just want to go shopping and look good in whatever I decide to pick out! You have a great plan in motion already so if you stick to that you will be at your goal in no time! Lots of luck on your journey! You can and you will achieve your goals!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    Weighing in at 180 lbs and 4' 11" -although my drivers licence says 5ft

Lol omg I love it! I thought I was the only one that added a couple of inches on the drivers license! Lol