Keto Fats

Options
2»

Replies

• mcdanieljj
    mcdanieljj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not sure what's up, I can't seem to be able to eat any nuts at all without being way over on protein. I try organic ground peanuts but it's crazy high. I also eat eggs and bacon every day and they are high so maybe I should change that if it will allow peanut butter
  • TanJacked
    TanJacked Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add fat to everything. Cheese, butter, oil, sour cream, heavy cream. Throw it in whatever you're cooking.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter

What kind do you buy and where do you get it from? I haven't found one yet and I have been missing peanut butter a lot!

I thought peanut butter was not recommended for keto. Even sugar free has about 6-7 gr. Carbs..
    I'd do macadamia butter. More fat, less carbs.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Eat fattier meats, chicken thighs, legs are great. Rib eye steak, bacon, salmon. Add some butter to these.. definitely will increase your fat intake.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nuts, avocados, cheese
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    TanJacked wrote: »
    Add fat to everything. Cheese, butter, oil, sour cream, heavy cream. Throw it in whatever you're cooking.

I prefer to eat whole foods with a good inherent fat content. 20% fat ground beef mince, eggs, hard cheese for example. I rarely eat chicken - it's a lean diet food.
  • sarahmariedaigle
    sarahmariedaigle Posts: 29 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I thought peanut butter was not recommended for keto. Even sugar free has about 6-7 gr. Carbs..
    I'd do macadamia butter. More fat, less carbs. [/quote]

I haven't heard of macadamia butter but I'm willing to try it! I did much better yesterday than I had the previous two days. Thank you all very much. I only had bacon and 85/15 burger for meats instead of our usual salmon and chicken. With the chicken I now know to get thighs so this should all help. I have been losing just not as much as I'd like...but who wouldn't want to wake up 50lbs lighter. I'll take my almost pound every day. :)