Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you like to mix with your protein shake?

13»

Replies

• 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Half a avocado & unsweetened almond milk. Thick, smooth & taste great and helps get the good fats in.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    edited July 2017
    My smoothie today had 35 grams of protein and not a bit of protein powder.

What was in it?!? That is an awesome amount of protein!

4 oz whole milk kefir, 1 oz hulled hemp seed, 30 g PB2, 1 oz frozen berries, 1 banana, 60 g kale, and 2 scoops, about 16 actual grams, of Liv Fit - Superfood Blend With Protein, along with a random quantity of ice for volume.

I first saw the Liv Fit - Superfood Blend With Protein at Wal-Mart last week in the baking goods section near the gluten-free flours. It's not really for baking, and it does suggest adding it to shakes and smoothies. The nutrition facts on the package says that 2 scoops is 12 grams, of which 6 grams are protein. However, 2 level scoops is 16 grams, so I got 7.5 g of protein.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    edited July 2017

pwp0z7yco

pwp0z7ycou79.png

Mrm - 100% All Natural Veggie Protein = Protein Powder.

@StealthHealth
    My smoothie was at breakfast. My Lunch is indeed a vegan protein powder in water along with a piece of bread with ~ 1 oz of banana spread on it.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    - 1 Scoop Whey Protein Isolate (unflavored and unsweetened)
    - 1/4 Cup Steel Cut Oatmeal (homemade)
    - 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
    - Dash of Cinnamon
    - Drops of almond or vanilla extract

OR

- 1 Scoop Whey Protein Isolate (unflavored and unsweetened)
    - 8 oz. Almond Milk (unsweetened)
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    - Chocolate protein powder
    - 4 Berry Blend ->frozen (Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry)
    - Spinach*
    - Flax Seed
    - Coconut water

*Because cooked spinach is better for you than raw spinach (if you doubt this look it up) I steam spinach and portion it into frozen spinach pucks for my smoothies.
  • CeciliaBobilia
    CeciliaBobilia Posts: 246 Member
    Looks like you've gotten a lot of great suggestions, but here's another:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 medium sweet potato (cooked, of course)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
    1 tbsp chia seeds
  • BusyMomma_RH
    BusyMomma_RH Posts: 16 Member

What was in it?!? That is an awesome amount of protein!

4 oz whole milk kefir, 1 oz hulled hemp seed, 30 g PB2, 1 oz frozen berries, 1 banana, 60 g kale, and 2 scoops, about 16 actual grams, of Liv Fit - Superfood Blend With Protein, along with a random quantity of ice for volume.

I first saw the Liv Fit - Superfood Blend With Protein at Wal-Mart last week in the baking goods section near the gluten-free flours. It's not really for baking, and it does suggest adding it to shakes and smoothies. The nutrition facts on the package says that 2 scoops is 12 grams, of which 6 grams are protein. However, 2 level scoops is 16 grams, so I got 7.5 g of protein.

You know what, it is so funny that you use the Superfood, I was literally looking into buying that exact one from Liv Fit. So I should have just gone with my gut and bought it, but I will when I go back! Thanks :smiley: