Does leg day every day theory works ?

Options
Does leg day every day theory works ?
If I work out every day on my legs will that work in building mass with proper nutrition ?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Too board of a question.

Does it work for a 18 year old male? A 87 year old female with arthritis,? A 30 year old male who has bodybuilding aspirations? A 27 year old female who is cycling 5 days a week...

In general the majority of people it's not needed and wouldn't be efficient for the time training compared to lesser programs.
  • Ill_jack_you_up
    Ill_jack_you_up Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is indeed a broad question, but let's say we're talking about a healthy human being within an age range that would allow you to perform pretty well at the gym injury free. It's possible to train legs every day; however, you have to be mindful about fatigue management, intensity, and overall volume. If you are to squat 315 lb for 3 sets of 8, it would be a daunting feat to accomplish as the intensity (315 lbs), the overall volume (315lbsX3setsX8rep) and frequency (6 days, assuming you rest at least one day) are way to high, you won't recover completely and you may even injure yourself.

If you manage fatigue quite well, you are able to get away with it.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yes it will. Just like biceps everyday.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    There's a program out there called squat every day. The guy's name is escaping me and I don't feel like googling it. I've heard/read decent things about it
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It probably isn't optimal, but I'm sure it can be done. Legs, like abs, can take a lot of volume. Again, probably not optimal.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    i love the fry your cns, overload your cns and its variants. :D
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    i love the fry your cns, overload your cns and its variants. :D

it's about 1RM PR all day everyday for gainz
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I suspect that if you squat heavy, which will bring the best results, you won't be able to squat every day.
    My son did the Smolov, 12-week, squatting routine. It is absolutely brutal. It produced great results for him. But even that routine is only three-four days a week.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    I suspect that if you squat heavy, which will bring the best results, you won't be able to squat every day.
    My son did the Smolov, 12-week, squatting routine. It is absolutely brutal. It produced great results for him. But even that routine is only three-four days a week.

There's lots of things that produce great results... but 12 weeks isn't a large enough sample size... and when you start talking about the guys and gals that have been consistently at the top of the powerlifting and strongman world you again run into the problem of sample size...

A quality every day program will show consistent sustained results. Look at the top competitors.
    A quality every other day program will show consistent sustained results. Look at the top competitors.

At the end of the day, it depends on how much time out of your week you're willing/able to commit
  • rybo
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    There's a program out there called squat every day. The guy's name is escaping me and I don't feel like googling it. I've heard/read decent things about it

Cory Gregory is the guy with the squat every day program. While it gets results, he states up front it's not easy, especially the mental aspect
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Cory Gregory is the guy with the squat every day program. While it gets results, he states up front it's not easy, especially the mental aspect

Not to nitpick... but Cory Gregory did not come up with the concept of squatting every day. He brought the concept to Bodybuilding.com platform and "popularized" it.

• rybo
    Options

Not to nitpick... but Cory Gregory did not come up with the concept of squatting every day. He brought the concept to Bodybuilding.com platform and "popularized" it.

I didn't know or care who invented it, I just knew i remembered hearing about it but couldn't remember the name. I guess there was some Broz guy, who has been doing that for quite some time, long before Gregory popularized it.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works. It needs to be programmed correctly ofc. The volume and intensity will have to vary throughout the week.