Options
cnjg420
cnjg420 Posts: 405 Member
Anyone try these? Are they good?

Replies

• Mkscott130
    Mkscott130 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My friend said they are awesome! I bought some, but haven't tried them yet.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love them . I beef mine up with more protein powder, Greek yogurt , and fresh canned pumpkin - so good
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    The pancakes. What do you use as a topping? I hate to put maple syrup on them.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    The pancakes. What do you use as a topping? I hate to put maple syrup on them.

I use Walden Farms pancake syrup and/or blueberry or strawberry syrup. I will frequently add fruit to the batter - strawberries, blueberries, banana. Good stuff.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    They're pretty pricey here in CNY, too.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I get the flapjack on the go and the minute muffins for a quick easy breakfast in the mornings. I have liked them all with the exception of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Flapjack. That was not a good one.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I make what I call a panc-egg

Mix in some sautéed onions, peppers, and mushrooms, and a little cheese.

Make one big pancake and cook one side. When it's time to flip, hold the pancake in the air and put an egg in the frying pan (helps to have it pre-cracked in a small bowl). Flip the pancake on top of the egg. As the egg cooks, it fuses to the pancake.

I make a slightly larger serving size for the pancake. This works out to about 500-550 cals.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    They are good - I never did the math against say a Bisquick pancake though.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    they are ok - lots of people rave about them, but I'm ambivalent - they are good if I'm low on certain macros (I make with milk, vs water) - but not completely blown away
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »

Make one big pancake and cook one side. When it's time to flip, hold the pancake in the air and put an egg in the frying pan (helps to have it pre-cracked in a small bowl). Flip the pancake on top of the egg. As the egg cooks, it fuses to the pancake.

I make a slightly larger serving size for the pancake. This works out to about 500-550 cals.

I might have to try this
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like to make the batter as directed (adding egg, a little vanilla, cinnamon, and almond milk) then I take my muffin pan and make breakfast muffins with turkey breakfast sausage. Put your muffin cups in the pan, add a little sausage, a little batter, and top with a little more sausage. Bake and I batch cook them for the week. They are really good with a T of lite syrup =)
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »

Sounds kinda like okonomiyaki.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I read the ingredients and for once I can't really complain about the "boxed mix". They look pretty awesome! I like the fact that they are a mix of wheat and oats. While I am not sure where the grain is sourced, I *might* try them if someone offered them to me for breakfast.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My son loves these especially when I add some lemon zest and fresh blueberries. But, he's 15 and would basically eat my hand if it was in the way.

But seriously, I've tried them plain and with the blueberries and I really like them.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Kodiak Cakes! Been eating them since I saw them on Shark Tank years ago. I also love the new line of minute muffins and flap jack on the go.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Get 'em at Costco...I don't eat pancakes all that often, but the kiddos like them. My oldest is nearly a vegetarian, so I look for anything to get him some protein.
  • kwtilbury
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    These are pretty pricey here in Canada. Before I go for trying one, what makes these mixes special over others?

They taste great and have more balanced macros than, say, Hungry Jack. That said, I wouldn't spend a fortune on them.

FYI - Amazon has them for a much lower price than what you'll find in a brick and mortar.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Get 'em at Costco...I don't eat pancakes all that often, but the kiddos like them. My oldest is nearly a vegetarian, so I look for anything to get him some protein.

Second this.... Huge box at Costco is like 10 bucks around my way.
  • kwtilbury
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Second this.... Huge box at Costco is like 10 bucks around my way.

My local Costco stops selling them as soon as it gets warm outside.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I make the power muffins from the recipe on the back of the box. They come out all cinnamony banana-y yummy!