STOP DOING ZUMBA!!

Options
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I all I do now is squat, benchpress, and deadlift and I've been the leanest I've ever been in my life with adding body weight

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Riiiiiiiight.... :huh:
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the either/or mentality myself. I do Zumba, running and Body Pump (a weight lifting class). It's a nice mix of cardio and strength training for me. Different strokes for different folks!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Just to add my two cents, for some of us doing cardio is beneficial for not just the reasons noted above but it can really help with ones mental state. So maybe you could actually benefit from doing some and by the way I haven't done in a while :|
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I ran to the gym to do strength work, no Zumba required. You okay with that!
  • Ninjaeema
    Ninjaeema Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was important to hit on flexibility, strength, and endurance in your workout routine. If your goal is overall health and fitness, then cardio definitely has a place in your routine. It's about balance.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    But Zumba is my cardio/twerk class. I'm not giving that up!
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    CLICKBAIT. And not very good clickbait at that. Makes other weightlifters (like myself) look bad. Besides, Zumba looks fun; can just never get to the class at my local gym.