trying to eat "normally"

Options
2»

Replies

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I love bread and don't think it's evil, but it's not an efficient spend of calories, so I try to limit how much I eat. In a typical day (and I'm not keto/low carb at all): I will have 3/4 of a serving of oats vs. a whole serving, for lunch I will use one slice of bread if I have a sandwich (sometimes I'll take a half a pita and slice into pieces and dip it into tuna or hummus, or I literally just eat half a sandwich and have a salad or soup with it), and for dinner I eat a half a cup of quinoa, rice, pasta, polenta, etc. This way I am enjoying foods I like but not using up so many of my calories on bread/carbs.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    storyjorie wrote: »
    I love bread and don't think it's evil, but it's not an efficient spend of calories, so I try to limit how much I eat. In a typical day (and I'm not keto/low carb at all): I will have 3/4 of a serving of oats vs. a whole serving, for lunch I will use one slice of bread if I have a sandwich (sometimes I'll take a half a pita and slice into pieces and dip it into tuna or hummus, or I literally just eat half a sandwich and have a salad or soup with it), and for dinner I eat a half a cup of quinoa, rice, pasta, polenta, etc. This way I am enjoying foods I like but not using up so many of my calories on bread/carbs.

This really depends-the sprouted whole grains bread I eat is a puny 60 calories per slice and packs a satiety punch-2 slices toasted with a smear of raw honey, jam or a triangle of 25 calorie soft cheese and I'm good for hours, for under 200 calories.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    I lost weight a couple of times on low carb but gained back some or most of it because it wasn't a sustainable WOE for me. What has worked for me is to be physically very active (running and walking mostly) so I can eat pretty much whatever I want. Logging what I eat on MFP keeps me aware, so I don't overeat, but I eat cereal and sandwiches and pasta and rice, an occasional pizza and beer and ice cream. As long as my CI-CO is in balance, my weight stays stable.
  • xoxoniesha
    xoxoniesha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went through this, as well. I think this was also a main cause for the restrict/binge patterns. What I try to do now is add something fun and flavorful into my meal. For example, if I am eating a salad, I will add a fun dressing. If I am eating some meat and veggies, I make a sauce to go on top of it (my current favorite is apricot sauce). For me, sauces and good seasonings make the meal fun and I can be consistent with it.