Ready to lose weight and tone

Options
Hi, I am Kristin. I feel like I've been on a diet my entire life. I am at a stand still. I wanna lose weight and tone up. Focus on healthier eating habits. I workout for 30min-1hr each day. My eating habits aren't the best. I skip meals and my largest meal is supper-gotta work on this. Looking for support and suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had a nutritionist tell me that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. That's food for thought for what you should be focusing on.
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Also, meal prep is EVERYTHING. It's key to keeping on track and having healthy food easily accesible.
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you eat less calories than you burn then you will drop weight you don't need to exercise.
    Exercise allows you to eat more if you wish and still lose those pounds as well as toning your body and helping you to get fit.
    Weight loss and fitness are not always the same thing but a bit of a mixture of the 2 is a good idea .
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    actually weight loss is 100% diet. you can diet without exercise and lose weight. but exercise is good for your body including your heart.
  • Lkav88
    Lkav88 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ooo this was me 6 months ago, it's amazing what a simple change in diet can make, I had to force myself to eat breakfast in the beginning as I always skipped it - now I'm eating more (good choices) and losing weight.. MFP is a great app, have a look at your macros and see what you should be aiming for, it can be quite addictive trying to eat the right things for a spot on macro %