Food on the go- best fast food?

Options

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Look up Carter good on Instagram. He does a lot of fast food fixed-rate and helps you find good choices when dining out.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Funny, i just listened to a podcast episode of a guy who ate every meal from a gas station for a month and lost 6 lbs. You can easily get a plain sandwich and fruit at a gas station or even stop at any grocery store for a deli sandwich. My favorite fast food choices are subway, and el pollo loco (they have a great under 500 cal menu)
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Subway Fresh Fit Subs like the turkey, ham, or club.
  • angispiers
    angispiers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been getting a side salad from McDonalds with balsamic vinaigrette when I have no time to prepare my lunch, and maybe a 4 piece nugget.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Wendy's half size salads.

Ditto the advice to keep energy bars handy. Most have more protein.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Since McDonald's does breakfast all day long here I can get an egg McMuffin sandwich for just 350 cal.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    angispiers wrote: »
    I've been getting a side salad from McDonalds with balsamic vinaigrette when I have no time to prepare my lunch, and maybe a 4 piece nugget.

I found out that you can get a grilled chicken patty from McDonalds. I have been to several locations and they range from $1-$2. It is the same size patty that is on their salads. I usually grab that if I am out and hungry and just need something to tide me over. You can also get a side salad or 2 for an extra buck or 2 and make your own salad. I was surprised the lower calorie options at Taco Bell as well.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Wendy's baked potato plain or a subway veggie sub are my go to's.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I always went for Wendy's chili if I got in a jam.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to study the menus well in advance so that you know what will fit into your daily calories/macros.

Don't worry about the sodium unless you're sodium restricted.

Partly agree. You can make any place work, just need to have a plan and stick to it. Online, put together meals in advance from the places you are most likely to stop. Salads, grilled chicken, etc.

Try to pick the lowest sodium from the lower calories options.
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Chipotles and Qdoba are two of my go to places.....whenever I'm out and about and need good food I eat here if I can locate one. I would say these are great options...the only thing to be on the cautious side is all the extra sauces and stuff. If you get a bowl get chicken and steak and rice with corn or any veggies if you like beans throw them bad boys in there too. Bottom line is if you have the calories left in your day to consume you can eat anything including the sauces but if you don't need it then skip it, go with the good stuff...the guacamole is a great source of fat too. If your forced to go to a fast food joint, go for the grilled chicken if possible that's what I do if I have no other choice.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili, Subway (club or oven roasted chicken), or Chipotle (my goto bowl is about 700 cals and I usually make it 2 meals) are tops on my fast food list. KFC bowl isn't THAT awful either (though if you are going for super "healthy" it's not really that).
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    hnl9izut8jdc.png
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds kids meal hamburger with a diet soda and fries is under 400 calories
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I hit Taco Bell and get 4 Crunchy Taco Supremes and slather them with Mild sauce. It's only something like 550 calories.
  • Elwin0907
    Elwin0907 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chikfila, baby!
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Today I went to Panda Express. Chicken and Mushrooms over vegetables instead of rice was under 300 calories (I think 250) and it was SO good!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I eat chick-fil-a about once every other week with one of my friends who is completely obsessed with the place. I get grilled nuggets (they're marinated and really tasty) and the fruit cup. I use regular BBQ sauce (not honey or CFA sauce) and the meal comes in around 400 calories, I think. Super diet-friendly (I can't comment on sodium, it isn't something I watch that carefully).

I also love the Wendy's apple walnut chicken salad. I think it's under 400 calories for the half order, which is usually enough for me, and it's DELICIOUS.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Half a chipotle burrito bowl. Half for later!