Food on the go- best fast food?

Options

Replies

• SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wendy´s Large chili
    You can look Mindovermunch on youtube
    She has several videos of the healthiest fast foods options and explain calories, macros, sodium etc.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-A is my jam! Grilled nuggets, superfood side and a diet lemonade.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm missing out with with with having all these places here. I've got mcdonalds burger king kfc and subway to choose from
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Chick fil A
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    A McDouble. Cheap, consistent, available everywhere, and non-disasterous macros.

Egg McMuffin also works, what with 24-7 breakfast now.
  • SundropEclipse
    SundropEclipse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Veggie delight sub at Subway and bacon egg McMuffin at McDonalds (a single cheeseburger or jr chicken also work well for me if I don't get the side).

If I got to the city for a day trip, I'll often stop in at the grocery store and pick up a meal's worth of bulk items (a small bun from bakery, 2-3 slices deli meat or a pack of hard-boiled eggs, a loose carrot and tomato, some sort of fruit, and an 8-16oz drink like sparkling water). In this case though you'll want to carry a bottle of water to rinse produce, but it always fills me up if I'm running around (also works for my hubby).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Hubby loves Whataburger, so I go for grilled chicken salad with low fat herb vinaigrette (skip the croutons) or a grilled chicken melt sandwich.
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I usually have subway for my on-the-job lunches since I can break a foot long into two meals. Though I've now tried two of Starbucks's protein boxes (roasted turkey and BBQ chicken) and liked them as a quick lunch I can have at work while the kids are asleep.
  • wyominghuntress
    wyominghuntress Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fast food doesn't mean it has to be a chain place. I live in a very small town with limited options, but there are a few locally owned shops that offer great choices on their menus such as poke or carved lux bagel (they carve out the guts of the bagel to reduce carbs and calories) or shrimp spring rolls or halibut burrito in a coconut wrap.
    Look up the local menus to know what your choices are. Can always call ahead and order to go.
    The local Subway here gives a discount to all police, fire, and EMS when they come in during their shift.
  • susanofarrell
    susanofarrell Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I like Jimmy John's sandwiches as they have lots of veggie options, and also make items without the bun.

LOVE their Umwiches!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Wait what, grilled nuggets???
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The strawberry chicken salad at Panera is 360 calories which includes the dressing and you get an apple with it for a snack later!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Wait what, grilled nuggets???

Yes they have grilled nuggets that are not breaded. However their delicious sauce is super caloric.
  • Chaimfonseca95
    Chaimfonseca95 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would go for a salad with no dressing. Try to get some protein with it like chicken. Make sure it's grilled and not breaded. Also, ditch the croutons.
  • TitoTim
    TitoTim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We don't have a lot of American options here in the Philippines. So when Burger King opened recently I wanted one, for old times sake ha ha. I looked at the BK website and saw that a Whopper was a whopping 630 calories - then I saw one line down was a Whopper with no mayo is 470 (I hate mayo so that works for me).

The 470 is still too high to eat very often but it shows how much calories is in the sauces. The mayo added 160 calories?! Mustard is 4 cal per tsp, not too shabby. If you can play with the menu, most places can work in a pinch.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I like chipotle, Cuban sandwich shops, the deli section at Publix, also I love Zeko's. (A Mediterranean place)
  • cterp
    cterp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A really light lunch for me is a Wendy's side salad with little or no dressing and 4 chicken tenders or a Go wrap.
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I order out sushi. The one I love is 400 calories for 8 pieces. Fills u up n there r some only veggie options and lower calories. Yummm
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wendys large chili under 200 calories and there chicken nuggets are under 200 as well.