Switching from full fat soda to diet soda

2»

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    Mmm...carbonated butter...

(Edit: I just Googled it and apparently carbonated butter seems to have been a real thing back in the 1920's. I found a summary from a scientific journal publication debunking its supposed benefits.)

Wow never imagined there would ever have been carbonated butter but now I have to google what the supposed benefits were.

The claimed benefits are that it has less bacteria, is richer in vitamins, stays fresher longer, and tastes better, according to this 1921 article.

These claims were debunked in 1924 in the Journal of Dairy Science. Abstract here, though the paper itself is behind a paywall.

LOL that a 1924 paper is still behind a pay wall! (I'm taking your word for it :). I didn't try it).
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Mmm...carbonated butter...

(Edit: I just Googled it and apparently carbonated butter seems to have been a real thing back in the 1920's. I found a summary from a scientific journal publication debunking its supposed benefits.)

Wow never imagined there would ever have been carbonated butter but now I have to google what the supposed benefits were.

The claimed benefits are that it has less bacteria, is richer in vitamins, stays fresher longer, and tastes better, according to this 1921 article.

These claims were debunked in 1924 in the Journal of Dairy Science. Abstract here, though the paper itself is behind a paywall.

I looked it up right after I saw it. Great abstract
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    I know we like to reference scientific journals around here, but I wonder if citing a paper from 1924 is some kind of record. :smile: