6 week mark.

giburns5388
giburns5388 Posts: 23 Member
http://i.imgur.com/PqBuEHU.png

Trying to lose this last bit of belly.

Mix of cardio. Weights and body weight excercices. Have my cals in from 1200-1600 a day.

Replies

• justblakee
    justblakee Posts: 7 Member
    awesome!
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Awesome job man! Keep it going!
  • giburns5388

Mix of cardio. Weights and body weight excercices. Have my cals in from 1200-1600 a day.

males should eat no less than 1500 calories. 1200 is for women who are very short,elderly or sedentary.you also cant spot reduce fat. it comes off where it wants when it wants.

My workouts and job as a fireman havent suffered. My weight has continued to drop as you can see it was mainly from my belly. Fat doesnt drop where it wants it drops as a percentage. And the greatest area is mostly my belly. So that is where I am going to see it.
  • giburns5388

males should eat no less than 1500 calories. 1200 is for women who are very short,elderly or sedentary.you also cant spot reduce fat. it comes off where it wants when it wants.

Thank you
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member

My workouts and job as a fireman havent suffered. My weight has continued to drop as you can see it was mainly from my belly. Fat doesnt drop where it wants it drops as a percentage. And the greatest area is mostly my belly. So that is where I am going to see it.

Under eating forces your body to use lean mass since you can only use a certain amount of calories from fat stores every day (I believe it's around 12-16 calories per pound of body fat). If you have an active job and you are exercising 1200 calories is not nearly enough. I hope most of your days are more on the 1600 calorie side.
  • giburns5388
    usmcmp wrote: »

Under eating forces your body to use lean mass since you can only use a certain amount of calories from fat stores every day (I believe it's around 12-16 calories per pound of body fat). If you have an active job and you are exercising 1200 calories is not nearly enough. I hope most of your days are more on the 1600 calorie side.

I average around 1400. With your math i burn 576 calories at 181lbs from fat stores a day. Buts me at like -800 calories a day. Over the past 42 days I have lost 28.2 lbs. Which comes out to being 2352 calories in tge negative everyday. Once I get to around 15% body fat I plan on upping my calories sloely to maintain that %.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member

I average around 1400. With your math i burn 576 calories at 181lbs from fat stores a day. Buts me at like -800 calories a day. Over the past 42 days I have lost 28.2 lbs. Which comes out to being 2352 calories in tge negative everyday. Once I get to around 15% body fat I plan on upping my calories sloely to maintain that %.

You are losing lean mass at that rate, meaning you'll have to lose a lot more weight to get to 15% body fat than if you took it a bit slower and lost mostly fat. Regaining muscle is a lot harder than hanging onto it as you lose weight.
  • giburns5388

You are losing lean mass at that rate, meaning you'll have to lose a lot more weight to get to 15% body fat than if you took it a bit slower and lost mostly fat. Regaining muscle is a lot harder than hanging onto it as you lose weight.

Thank you for the insight.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

not yet you havent suffered. and it you could spot reduce fat people could lose it from where they want first which is why for many people when they lose fat the last place they lose it is usally the lower body areas. not to mention you are wearing something different in each pic. the rooms are not the same(at least they dont look like it),and one has facial hair and glasses the other does not.
  • giburns5388

not yet you havent suffered. and it you could spot reduce fat people could lose it from where they want first which is why for many people when they lose fat the last place they lose it is usally the lower body areas. not to mention you are wearing something different in each pic. the rooms are not the same(at least they dont look like it),and one has facial hair and glasses the other does not.

Baggy shorts are baggy shorts. It doesnt change my belly. The place is the same just door is closed all the way that mirror is slightly moved. The glasses dont really change anything fat wise and my wife hates the moustache so it gone. Lol
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey

Baggy shorts are baggy shorts. It doesnt change my belly. The place is the same just door is closed all the way that mirror is slightly moved. The glasses dont really change anything fat wise and my wife hates the moustache so it gone. Lol
    lol if you say so.you still cant spot reduce fat though. if you lost fat everywhere else and its coming off the belly now it means your belly is the last place you need to lose fat. so its not spot reducing,its just finally coming off in that area.
  • jayyb9
    jayyb9 Posts: 67 Member
    How do you post pictures on here?
  • giburns5388

lol if you say so.you still cant spot reduce fat though. if you lost fat everywhere else and its coming off the belly now it means your belly is the last place you need to lose fat. so its not spot reducing,its just finally coming off in that area.

I never said anything about spot reducing in my original post though.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member

You said you were trying to lose your last bit of belly fat. Which may imply spot reduction... You may lose weight but lose more off other areas and still have belly fat, you can't choose. (unfortunately)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey

You said you were trying to lose your last bit of belly fat. Which may imply spot reduction... You may lose weight but lose more off other areas and still have belly fat, you can't choose. (unfortunately)

this exactly
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member

That's not spot reducing, that's saying he wants to lose weight until he gets rid of the last bit of belly fat. What's wrong with you guys? Seriously? Everyone telling him he's doing this and that wrong and all this stuff.

He has done AWESOME over 6 weeks. It almost seems people get jealous on here and try and put people down because they get progress others can't get because they have been more disciplined.

He put this in the success stories section. Not looking for your help just to show his success.

Awesome job man, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member

That's not spot reducing, that's saying he wants to lose weight until he gets rid of the last bit of belly fat. What's wrong with you guys? Seriously? Everyone telling him he's doing this and that wrong and all this stuff.

He has done AWESOME over 6 weeks. It almost seems people get jealous on here and try and put people down because they get progress others can't get because they have been more disciplined.

He put this in the success stories section. Not looking for your help just to show his success.

Awesome job man, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Did you miss the "may imply" part of what I wrote? I was simply clarifying why his post may be taken as wanting to spot reduce.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!