NYC Healthy Restaurants?

Options
Where are they?! I don't mean vegan, I just mean clean, simple (delicious) cooking. I'm forever editing every dish I order & it's kind of annoying to the servers, haha. Any suggestions, please send 'em my way!

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Pret A Manger.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Dig Inn
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Japanese food like sushi is good and all over but order sensibly--no tempura or rolls with sauce on them.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Not exactly "healthy" (and not exactly the question), but I personally reccomend senza gluten to anyone who has a gluten allergy. They are completely wheat, oat, barley and gluten free (they make nothing with those ingredients). They are also pretty accommodating to other allergies.
  • DChelseaNYC
    DChelseaNYC Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Not exactly "healthy" (and not exactly the question), but I personally reccomend senza gluten to anyone who has a gluten allergy. They are completely wheat, oat, barley and gluten free (they make nothing with those ingredients). They are also pretty accommodating to other allergies.
    Never tried it - thank you!
  • DChelseaNYC
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Dig Inn

I love Dig Inn! I was thinking more like, a seated/table service restaurant for dinner though. Hmm.
  • DChelseaNYC
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Fields Good Chicken is actually a great takeout chain!
  • elphie754
    Options
    Never tried it - thank you!

It truly is amazing! My brother "hates" gluten free food (says they all taste like cardboard) but absolutely loved the restaurant. We "forgot" to tell him the restaurant was completely GF until after he ate and was raving about how good it was lol. It's the only restaurant I will eat at since I'm so allergic. Only down side is it is on the pricey side, and I've heard some people say the portions are small (perfect size for me though). It is in the village.
  • elphie754
    Options

Why on earth was that marked as woo??
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Westville is absolutely delicious... the food is mostly veggie (although the salmon is awesome) and there are several locations.