Food Planner Is there anyone that can help me?

Options
I'm wanting to lose weight, in fact a lot of weight about 150#s.

I'll like to do WW's however it allows me too many carbs if I just work the points.
In the past on WW's I go months without losing much maybe 2-3 lbs. (it had to be too many carbs)
So I'm thinking of something between low carb and ww's combined.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Is there a group out here that I can follow? Or is there someone out there that can take me under
their wing so I can get this started?

Thanks,
Debby in Texas

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Hi Debby - have you tried just counting calories, using the goal mfp gave you when you entered your stats as a guide?
  • Essdbee
    Essdbee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything?
  • EsmeMary101
    EsmeMary101 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    WW started me off. I lost 2 stone with them in less than 4 months but I was spending alot of time working out points and it was all consuming to stick to it. Then I started using MFP and logging my food that way instead. I've lost 39lbs now and find it easier to track here.

I joined the Fat 2 fit challenge groups and find them brilliant. A new one starts each month. A brilliant starting place. Send me a friend request if u like and ull see the link for it.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on WW's as it clearly doesn't work for you. You've signed up on here, so make use of this wonderful free resource. Put all your stats in, choose 1/2 or 1 lb a week max, weigh / measure all your food with a digital scale and proper measuring spoons / jugs and allow the process to work. It really is that simple, eat less calories than your body needs and you will see results.
  • Happy2beeeme
    Happy2beeeme Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You know I haven't counted calories in a looooooooooooong time, it's been over 30 years. I currently am down to 355, wonder how many calories I should have a day. I'm disabled and don't more a lot, just walking around the house with a cane. Maybe 1200? 1500?

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    MFP has a stats page where you put in your information and it gives you a calorie goal.

If you log all you eat in a day in to MFP it will tell you where you might want to adjust your diet.

Over the long term this might be simpler, working with the foods you normally consume.

Portion control is tough for a lot of people. A weigh scale can help you learn how much you are really eating. For instance you might be surprised how small a portion of cereal is, or a chicken breast.

One of my favourite things about my weight loss was the chance to become more active. But you don't need to exercise to lose weight. It will just help you to feel better.
  • SandraMcLeod72
    SandraMcLeod72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WW worked for me. When I had hassles or got sick of the points, I would do the whole food/green foods way (can't remember it's proper name) so I only counted the processed foods. It's statistically confirmed, people underreport their food intake & over report their exercise. Correct this and things should start to fall into place.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    You know I haven't counted calories in a looooooooooooong time, it's been over 30 years. I currently am down to 355, wonder how many calories I should have a day. I'm disabled and don't more a lot, just walking around the house with a cane. Maybe 1200? 1500?

How have you managed to make 169 posts and don't have a calorie goal?

I'm not being snarky, I'm serious.

Go to MY HOME > Goals

Here's a link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Then just eat the food you want to eat within your calories, log it, do that for a month and see where you fall. There's no "food plan" no "carb plan" - just plain old common sense.