Greek Yogurt

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    To make plain Greek yogurt yummier, I add a little vanilla and honey as the base. Sometimes I eat it just like that or I add cinnamon, or fruit (usually berries or banana).
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Watch out because Chobani and Oikos have like 22g of sugar in one little container.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Watch out because Chobani and Oikos have like 22g of sugar in one little container.

Only 7g in my Yoplait Greek 100 vanilla. I can handle it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

Little container = 5.3 oz (150 g)? Plain Chobani has 4 g of sugar.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    I have nonfat vanilla skyr for breakfast 5 or 6 days a week. Siggi's brand, 150 grams skyr and 17 grams berry cereal. Great breakfast!

As for greek yogurt, I use it as an ingredient but never eat it on its own. I use it in place of mayo or sour cream. No, it's not the same, but in some cases it's an acceptable substitute. I do love greek yogurt with cucumber.
  • jjdevine77
    jjdevine77 Posts: 10 Member
    Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt + one spoon PB2 + mix
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    Not really greek yoghurt but I'm a big fan of Skyr I can't believe how low calorie it is. It's so filling!

I really dont understand when people say that. I could eat like 4 tubs of yogurt or skyr and go looking for food after. Having said that both are amazing but skyr nutrition wins.

Yeah it doesn't fill me up unless I eat two cups of it maybe... That being said, the amazing meals you keep posting wouldn't fill me up either, lol.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    Not really greek yoghurt but I'm a big fan of Skyr I can't believe how low calorie it is. It's so filling!

I really dont understand when people say that. I could eat like 4 tubs of yogurt or skyr and go looking for food after. Having said that both are amazing but skyr nutrition wins.

Yeah it doesn't fill me up unless I eat two cups of it maybe... That being said, the amazing meals you keep posting wouldn't fill me up either, lol.

Sure they would. Believe me. :) They just dont look like much in photos. Difficult to show the actual size haha. Come on over for dinner. I bet you will still be full after driving back home the USA lol :)

IN for FREE dinner!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    In trying to clean out the fridge I found a tub of (still within the 'use by' date) The Greek Gods Honey flavored greek yogurt. I don't recall when I bought it, but I opened the tub and observed that it appeared to be yogurt. I measured out 4 ounces and mixed in granola bits and berries.

That was delicious.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    I have tried all kinds of Greek yogurt. I hate plain yogurt and I hate plain Greek yogurt. I only like vanilla yogurt. Lol. And the only kind of Greek yogurt I like is Stonyfield Farms French Vanilla Greek Yogurt. That's it. All other vanilla Greek yogurts taste gross with a weird aftertaste.
    For cooking in recipes I probably would not mind plain ordinary Greek yogurt. But not by itself or even with fruit. Shudder.
  • katelion22
    katelion22 Posts: 23 Member
    I buy the plain stuff and add seasonings to make a veggie dip, or use it in place of sour cream in savory dishes.
  • Savannahmiamaddie
    Savannahmiamaddie Posts: 54 Member
    I like Fage brand plain, nonfat. I sweeten it with honey and mix in frozen blueberries or raspberries. A nice summer snack is a mixture of 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup slivered almonds and 2 T. honey. Mix it all together and freeze in ice cube trays. Then I store it all in freezer bags. This is my ice cream substitute.
  • 0911shunamite
    0911shunamite Posts: 150 Member
    Use it as a sour cream replacement in recipes including my favorite chipotle Alfredo sauce
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Ok I tried Greek Yogurt about a year ago and hated it. I see it in so many recipes and people seem to love it. Any ideas for a good tasting protein greek yogurt? Help.

You can't eat Greek yogurt by itself. You need to add something to it or replace mayo or sour cream with it
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    I have never tried to eat the yogurt plain, but I do buy the Chobani or Fage greek plain. I add anything from any type of fruit that I have on hand, pb powder, unsweetened cocoa, protein powder, chia, stevia, and I put a packet or two of stevia to sweeten it if I need it.
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    It could just be the brands you've tried so far. Like I can't stand chobani, siggi's, and oikos, but I enjoy fage, cabot, and green mountain creamery. Also, there's a big flavor difference between nonfat, 2%, and whole milk Greek yogurt. Most brands have those single serving cups, so it's easy enough to buy a few and taste test.

Greek yogurt is great in overnight oats, smoothies, and even as a replacement for mayonnaise in chicken or egg salad.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Ok I tried Greek Yogurt about a year ago and hated it. I see it in so many recipes and people seem to love it. Any ideas for a good tasting protein greek yogurt? Help.

You can't eat Greek yogurt by itself. You need to add something to it or replace mayo or sour cream with it

Wait what???

Well if you eat it by itself by all means but it's acquired taste for most people
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Word. The Greek Gods Honey Flavored Greek Yogurt can stand alone.
  • traindisp
    traindisp Posts: 15 Member
    If you don't love Greek yogurt try Quark. It's a cheese - but a yogurt consistency and super yummy without the tart flavor that Greek yogurts seems to have.
    If you don't love Greek yogurt try Quark. It's a cheese - but a yogurt consistency and super yummy without the tart flavor that Greek yogurts seems to have.

• traindisp
    traindisp Posts: 15 Member
    Try dannon light n fit Greek. Yummy. Vanilla with chopped fresh berries is a dessert treat. Add extra protein powder if needed.