My Experience with OTS - Overtraining Syndrome

I am a cyclist. High performance cyclist . in to racing etc
just recently been experiencing this.
at moment for much of june i did a few road races in the Masters Level which involved plane travel to 3 destinations then then 2 road trips for more races.
last race was bad
i could not get out of ZONE 1 HRT and just rode out course
at moment i am suffering depression, no motivation, soreness, tired all the time and self doubt

I took a week off bike to prepare for a big race last week, a 100 mile mt bike race. i felt fine, at start of race, but on starting i found I was not even able to get my HRT out of zone 1 at all. yet felt fine, the whole 8 hours of riding.
So it was not good day on bike. so i took a week off again, no racing for awhile, and finally rode again about 7 days off and i still can;t get out of zone 1 or barely ride at any pace.

been resting lots but still this is happening. anyone else know of this before as well

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Overtraining or underfueling? You don't mention food at all?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    I would think that if you are healthy (been to the doc lately?) then sleep and adequate food should work. Have you just recently started this high mileage lifestyle?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    As I recall, you don't eat a very healthy diet at all.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

I just looked at his diary - there is some food in there for today, but nothing in any other day all the way back to May.

OP, eat, log it, look at it and learn from it. :smile:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    edited July 2017
    Machka9 wrote: »

I just looked at his diary - there is some food in there for today, but nothing in any other day all the way back to May.

OP, eat, log it, look at it and learn from it. :smile:

I know him from another forum and he has posted a few samples of what a day's food intake looks like for him.

He'd benefit from trying a basic 3-meals-a-day plan, consisting of a balance of meat/protein and veg.

What he's got in there for today isn't bad ... perhaps he just needs to stick with something like that for more than one day. :)
  • worldtraveller321
    worldtraveller321 Posts: 150 Member
    hi all. i will start posting more
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    hi all. i will start posting more

Yet you havent bothered to answer any of the questions...
  • worldtraveller321
    worldtraveller321 Posts: 150 Member
    i am doing my diary now