Discipline

Options
i'm having tremendous trouble with discipline and eating within my calorie goal and not eating junk food. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions that can help me gain discipline?

Replies

• NCmcMan
    NCmcMan Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi. I just started this site this past week, and I have noticed that these people here will help you work out your problems! Are you using your food journal? I think it's very important that you list EVERYTHING that your eating for people to see, even if you think it may be a little embarrassing. Trust me, I don't know how it works but it DOES! If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Talk to you soon
    Josh
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    If you don't buy it, you can't eat it!

Unless you steal it, and then you burn off the calories running from the security guards...
  • conjuredrye
    Options
    If you don't buy it, you can't eat it!

Unless you steal it, and then you burn off the calories running from the security guards...

Great workout motivation! XD
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started this site this past week, and I have noticed that these people here will help you work out your problems! Are you using your food journal? I think it's very important that you list EVERYTHING that your eating for people to see, even if you think it may be a little embarrassing. Trust me, I don't know how it works but it DOES! If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Talk to you soon
    Josh

It works through 'Accountability' - if your food diary is public and you know others will see what you've eaten, you are accountable to them and can't cheat yourself.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Try logging in what you're going to eat for the entire day, and adjust as needed. This has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!!! :)
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    I've been removing (or trying to) the things that make me want to snack and replacing them with something better. It's harder when you're at someone else's house, but if you know how somebody runs their house, sometimes you can plan ahead. I brought carrot sticks to my boyfriend's, so that when he inevitably decides to pull out some chips and eat them with the bag right in front of me calling to try "Just one! JUST ONE!", I can pull out my carrot sticks and say "No thank you, chips." but still get that snack food satisfaction of munching between meals.

Accountability helps too. List EVERYTHING and then see how that little red number makes you feel at the end of the day. I keep that feeling with me when I want to snack.