trying to lose 100 pounds

Options
I just started the food diary and started to notice the actual amount of food I consume in one day. Still have not started an exercise program yet but I hope to start a better eating habit than the one I have.

Replies

• bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It all starts with diet and being in a calorie deficit.
  • Rebecca_314
    Rebecca_314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started in the same boat - once I realized what I was eating I was blown away! I have been doing this for about a month and have to say that I am now taking so much pleasure in fresh fruits - I can eat a lot more produce for less calories than the crap I was normally eating. Best to you as you begin this journey!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! Logging everything for a week without changing anything so you know how you have been eating is a great way to start. Then you can look at your diet and consider which changes would be best - reducing portion sizes, substituting lower calorie foods for higher calorie ones, or adding in foods that are healthy that you don't eat enough of.

While you don't have to work out to lose weight, it does make weight loss easier and will make you healthier. Strength training will help ensure that you don't lose muscle instead of fat. Pick an activity you enjoy and can stick with.
  • Akmauser
    Akmauser Posts: 51 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I also started a food diary for about 1-2 weeks prior to finding MFP and ate an average of 3400-4200 calories a day. Started my diet on 3/18/17 at 279.8 and weighed in at 234.4 this morning with a goal weight of 175.

First couple of weeks were the hardest, but once I figured out a routine and learned to listen to my body it has gotten much easier. About every 2-3 weeks my body craves carbs, sugars, calories, etc. I eat at what the current maintenance level would be for my weight that day. I do not count this is a cheat day since it is at maintenance.
  • nsharkey41
    nsharkey41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im also in the same boat. Im trying to lose 100 . I started this last week and down 3 pounds but thats ok. Im happy with the 3. Hope to inspire each other!