Detox??

Options
2»

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    good luck to you and your friends with the detox. once you have finished the detox start with mfp as designed to lose your weight.

Hello! I do use MFP been logging since March 17th lost 40 pounds with 27 to go!! Thank you

Your welcome
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey everyone my friend and I started a 7 day body detox cleanse. I have 2 best friends that are personal trainors, one says they are okay other suggests I don't do another. Its called the cleanse from the vitamin Shoppe. Anyone else done a cleanse or have any imput? Thank you!!
    Lol, it's laughable when personal trainers who may have "online certs" condone these. Obviously these trainers never took an actually physiology class because there is no Journal of Medicine or Science that endorses "cleanses" nor admits they are even effective for anything.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

A cleanse is good if you're constipated, I guess
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    How much did it cost
  • disney_addict_1028
    disney_addict_1028 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How much did it cost

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    jmbroccoli wrote: »
    I did the 10 day detox by Hyman without the supplements. Basicly it is protein, veggies and good fats. I needed a jump start on eating healthy and this did it for me.

Sounds like a diet of food. I approve. Not sure why a doctor's guidance is needed for that, though.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The only reason to drink it is if you like it - the "detox" claims are spurious
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Best detox:. Drink a glass of water, eat normal food (some grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, side garden salad type of food...normal). Your kidneys and liver will do the "detoxing" and your body will eliminate the waste.
  • BPRKEY
    BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    There's no biological need to do a forced cleanse. If you want to feel healthier then just drink more water, reduce or eliminate highly processed foods, but there's no need to spend money on a commercial cleanse.
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Water is the only detox ingredient you need. Your liver will clear out any bad stuff and you'll just pee it out. :)
  • baconbutt1996
    baconbutt1996 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    good luck to you and your friends with the detox. once you have finished the detox start with mfp as designed to lose your weight.

Hello! I do use MFP been logging since March 17th lost 40 pounds with 27 to go!! Thank you
    Why the flip flop do you need to do a cleanse then?!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I disagree, sorry. Every body needs some rest sometimes

Rest? Like sleep? Sleep is good for you.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I disagree, sorry. Every body needs some rest sometimes

You bumped a post from 3 years ago to disagree?