Gastric Sleeve in 8 days! Looking for friends :)

Options
Hi guys, my name is Brandi and I am currently on my pre-op liquid diet for gastric sleeve surgery on July 11th. I would love to have some friends who are currently on track for, or have had gastric sleeve surgery.

I'm really excited for this next chapter of my life, and I am looking forward to working hard and discovering who I am again.

I am also open to anyone who is active on here to be friends with - just please be understanding of my goals, as I am understanding of yours :)

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :)
  • Jane816
    Jane816 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • MikeChristiansen
    MikeChristiansen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've never had weight loss surgery but I do want to pass on that it's important to keep up with the supplements when you have it due to the lack of nutrients you will be getting. A friend of mine got the sleeve and now looks very skinny and pale because she has not kept up with nutrition and has just let the weight fall off. She does not look good. Just wanted to pass that on. Hoping it goes well for you. :)
  • ElPasoMark
    ElPasoMark Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm on the pre-op liquid diet. I go in Monday, 7/14 for the sleeve.
  • silvihoney
    silvihoney Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Follow your doctors advice. Don't listen to the haters.
  • lolafit
    lolafit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was sleeved 6/28 and am down 16 lbs. My doc said I could start eating real food as tolerated. Shaved deli meat, ground meat, and soft baked fish are on my menu now! I get full after 2 bites.
  • Cathasaigh83
    Cathasaigh83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Im having the sleeve in a week. Good luck with yours!
  • farmerwantsawife62
    farmerwantsawife62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm in the UK, on my last leg before being accepted for a sleeve but still have 16lbs to lose in 9 weeks. I have rejoined MFP as it has worked well for me in the past. I cannot wait until my surgery and my new life! Good luck in bucket loads to those of you coming up to your surgery.
  • nursedink961
    nursedink961 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 04/26/17, down 39 lbs since surgery and 57 lbs since my highest in January 2017. I had not been tracking my food intake until I re-joined MFP and had no idea how many calories I was eating per day.
  • rachellancaster11
    rachellancaster11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just sleeved on 7/13. Would love to have a weight loss buddy. Still on mostly all liquids, struggling to get in water and protein shakes right now.
  • rockitmom57
    rockitmom57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve surgery March 24, 2017 and have lost 87 pounds to date. I am finally beginning to eat a little more food now (1/2-3/4 cup) per meal, but it's been hard to do. I want to drop another 10 pounds and am working on it. Starting strength training on machines at the gym because of some "flabbiness" that needs toning.

I LOVE this site to log in and track all of my calories, carbs, fats and sugars each day. It keeps me accountable. I've been on it since January (?) when I was on my 3 month pre op diet the surgeon and NUT had me on.
  • daphnemorton
    daphnemorton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Brandi and I am currently on my pre-op liquid diet for gastric sleeve surgery on July 11th. I would love to have some friends who are currently on track for, or have had gastric sleeve surgery.

I'm really excited for this next chapter of my life, and I am looking forward to working hard and discovering who I am again.

I am also open to anyone who is active on here to be friends with - just please be understanding of my goals, as I am understanding of yours :)

I'm also going for sleeve surgery at the end of August.
  • ksigle29
    ksigle29 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wishing all of you the very best in this journey! while our fitness and weight loss journeys are different, I have come to appreciate how hard it is to start from scratch, to feel like my body can't move another foot. My body has been in a very unique place over the past many months. As a result I'm in the worst shape of my life with an ever expanding waist line. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! You can do it! :-)
  • CsBalint
    CsBalint Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ;)
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Good Morning I had my sleeve done on 7/10.

HW: 260
    SW: 238
    7/10: 224
    Current: 209

Ht: 5'3"