What Motivates You, Keeps you Going,or encourages you?

Options
Carl_Carlson
Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
I thought about this today while putting in a 50 km bike ride and the picture below says it all for me. That *kitten* in black has taken everyone in my family and my best friend. I'm the only one left. If he wants this 68 year-old ex power lifter turned cyclist he's going to have to work his *kitten* off to get him. As I ride, I visualise him chasing me, his tongue hanging out and then I step it up just to make him suffer a little more.

qmhibsw8rl2w.jpg

Replies

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    In high school, I read Linda Ellis's poem, "The Dash", and I really took to it. I want to make my years count for something.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    that remote chance that the New York Giants are going to need a middle aged, outside linebacker for a push into the playoffs.

* I can dream; okay?
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Growing up obese and my mother now obese with health risks. I dont want to give the same to my kids. I want to be the best for myself so i can be the best for them and give them an example.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    OP, those are good questions for each of us to consider. What motivates me? I truly loathe losing the same lb twice.
  • SweetSassyJen
    SweetSassyJen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing my broken down patients who didn't take care of themselves and are now living a miserable existence. I never want to live that way. That keeps me motivated.
  • Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I thought about this today while putting in a 50 km bike ride and the picture below says it all for me. That *kitten* in black has taken everyone in my family and my best friend. I'm the only one left. If he wants this 68 year-old ex power lifter turned cyclist he's going to have to work his *kitten* off to get him. As I ride, I visualise him chasing me, his tongue hanging out and then I step it up just to make him suffer a little more.

qmhibsw8rl2w.jpg

WHo are these "kittens" the MFP censors are referring to?

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    The thought of getting old and inevitable death Motivates me! I see some people my age or sometimes younger that look OLD!!! I'm determined to hang on as long as I possibly can! I've always taken care by being active, using a ton of sunscreen, drinking water like crazy and eating healthy foods, but injuries and not being able to do the things I had always done my whole life has put me in a rutt and made me meh about everything else! I want more motivation and want my Mojo back dammit!!! I want to be a major Hottie in my old age ;) and die a Happy Healthy 100 year old! :blush:
  • carb_killer1
    carb_killer1 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    that show my 600 lb life
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I really hope this doesn't sound terrible, but being around women/girls who are obese or morbidly obese is a big motivator for me. Not because I think they look bad... In fact I find most of the women I know to be very beautiful regardless of weight. But I see a lot of little behaviors that I recall from my past. When I was obese and morbidly obese, throughout my late teens into my early thirties, I was always feeling very self-conscious, tugging at my clothing, positioning myself in ways to feel/appear smaller, getting sweaty in the summer with slight exertion, nervous about airline seats and movie seats...all of those miserable things were relatively minor, and it's very easy to forget what that was like. Then when I am around certain friends or acquaintances, I am reminded of the changes and it makes me want to continue the path I've gone down. Just yesterday this happened, I was in a restaurant and wanted a milkshake as a treat and the ladies I was dining with couldn't comfortably sit in a booth, and I ordered the child's shake, banana instead of hot fudge w/ whipped cream.

It just reminds me of where I've been. I can't go back to that set of problems from being so much larger. I won't.
  • caribbeanguy123
    caribbeanguy123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hot chicks motivate me, outta shape fat guys never get a second glance!
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hot chicks motivate me, outta shape fat guys never get a second glance!

Hot girls motivate me too, I hope to be one!
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Good friends and....yeah girls ;)
  • BattleRopes
    BattleRopes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My reflection! I don't own a full length mirror, so it was something that I was going to earn by achieving a healthy weight; since the 1 that I desire's approximately $200.00 but I took advantage, of my access to a full length mirror; within a dressing room Friday & the horror show, nearly had me in tears especially when I took off my dress; to try 2 other's on.
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    For the moment, my dress. (Not being ostentatious in any way, just truthful)

ad8lsnwrs8ki.jpg
  • pigheaded
    pigheaded Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    The mirror motivates me. It can get better! Can't do much about the pigheadedness though....
  • Chaimfonseca95
    Chaimfonseca95 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maintaining peak aesthetics and health. Healthy mind body and spirit.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by feeling better and looking better, basically. I'm on a comeback from a long illness and can't wait til the arthritis pain starts subsiding again!
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I keep me going. Never really appreciated the truth of that until recently. I always used the "reason" that I have to/need to do for my loved ones. I didn't think to include myself as a "loved one". Now? I understand that real love truly is reciprocal but also, internal. It's time for me. I love who I am - flaws and all. Nothing can hold me back except me. And I'll break me like I've broken down and overcome everything else.:smile:
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    I keep me going. Never really appreciated the truth of that until recently. I always used the "reason" that I have to/need to do for my loved ones. I didn't think to include myself as a "loved one". Now? I understand that real love truly is reciprocal but also, internal. It's time for me. I love who I am - flaws and all. Nothing can hold me back except me. And I'll break me like I've broken down and overcome everything else.:smile:

Awesome! I am just learning a lesson similar to this.