Which gym do you find most motivating to train at?

Options
2»

Replies

• MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Crossfit, community keeps me motivated.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    A no frills warehouse gym with a good free weights area and not crowded and the great outdoors on alternate days. I weight train 2x to 3x per week and walk, running intervals, hike on the off days. When I weight train, I'm not into fancy schmancy gyms. Basic get 'er done kind of environment.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's fun to stay at the YMCA.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i have two memberships: small 'garage' gym where i go once a week. and a universal pass to any rec centre owned by my city's parks board. put it this way: i need the rec pass, but i love my club. if i could only have one i would drop the club. with huge regret but without questioning it.

for context though, i was never a person who needs motivation to lift. i already like it, so my reasons for what i like might not be how it works for you. i actually shun well-meaning people wanting to 'motivate' me, and i like the club exactly because my trainer just isn't that type.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I can walk into pretty much any gym and feel at home. I go to put in the work. I lift heavy things. I sweat on some cardio machines. I leave. Lather, rinse, repeat the next day. To me it isn't the location that is motivating. It's seeing how my body is changing for the better that is the motivation.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    An old converted basketball court with no AC. I also live on a subtropical island where even at 4:30am it's in 80s with 80s humidity in summer.

There is a gym with AC like 2 blocks away that draw most people. The one I go to is a no thrills and no BS gym. They do have a pretty good lifting coach on hand and it's more than 75% free weights.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I belong to crunch but never go. I want to because I want to learn to weight train. Idk if it's the right place for me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My home gym
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My gym is awesome, it's an individually owned gym by bodybuilders for bodybuilders. I went from working out at a commerical gym where everyone wears headphones and mean mugs you and it feels very sterile. Often times i was the only woman in the weight-lifting area and (not to be an egotistical jerk) I had the best physique of the ladies at my gym.

My new gym is about 50/50 women and men which is SO cool. And the women who work out at this gym all have amazing physiques which keep me super motivated in my own training. It's an environment where everyone smiles at you, acknowledges you're there, and is friendly. All of the equipment was handpicked by lifters for lifters so we have some awesome stuff i never ever see in a commercial gym (including a hip thrust station).

To be totally honest, the first time i walked into my new gym I saw three women who were physique competitors (already competition lean) posing in their bikinis in the back room and it was the first time i had ever seen (in person) women who had my perfect ideal physique. It was not only shocking but really eye opening about how much further I have to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!