Heart rate monitors

My polar fit 4 has stopped working. It's out of warranty since it's about 5 years old and replacing the strap alone seems silly.

I love my polar though and as I'm browsing for a new hrm I see a lot of them are chest strap that syncs via Bluetooth.

This is what I'm looking for:
Chest strap and watch
Preferably not have to sync to phone
Needed for workout videos such as beach body, take bo, walking, etc
Preferably under $200

Thanks!

Replies

• Samoora92
    Samoora92 Posts: 34 Member
    Bump
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    If you like Polar stick with them. I personally like Garmin for running.

What are you using the HRM for? It is mostly useless as a calorie counter for doing workouts like beach body and tae bo. It is useful for training if you're a runner, cyclist, or swimmer.
  • Samoora92
    I used it for calorie counting because I calorie count my food intake as well.
  • SYNODA
    SYNODA Posts: 7 Member
    I use P90x123 and the hrm is apart of it and useful. I use a fit bit 2
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Samoora92 wrote: »
    Needed for workout videos such as beach body, take bo, walking, etc

Cheapest you can get really, as for those activities HR isn't a reliable indicator of calories expended.

FT1 is the cheapest I can see on Amazon.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Samoora92 wrote: »
    I used it for calorie counting because I calorie count my food intake as well.
    For the exercises you mention HRM would be useless for calorie estimates, probably inflated.
    Heart rate monitors count heartbeats not calories. And I'm not sure knowing your heart rate during those activities is remotely useful.

Save your money.
  • Samoora92
    Well I've managed to lose about 70lbs going off of the calorie counting of food and calories burned via hrm. My heart rate can reach about 180+ so something is working. Thanks guys
  • Samoora92
    SYNODA wrote: »
    I use P90x123 and the hrm is apart of it and useful. I use a fit bit 2

Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I know plenty of others who use their hrms for this and even had a trainer tell me to use one too.