New HRM

Options
j99li
j99li Posts: 421 Member
I bought a SportLine HRM (the 7 function one) at Zellers. Anyone know of this and do you think it will suffice?

Replies

• aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am not familiar with that one, but I purchased a different kind on my first go around. It didn't work so I took it back for a refund. I ended up spending a little more but really love the one I have. So, if yours works good then that is great. If not, look into getting a Polar. I have a FT7 model. I absolutely love it.
  • tulip12
    tulip12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have owned polar before they are great monitors, but when the battery dies you have to replace the whole unit which I did not like so now I own a garmin 305 and I love it, it also has a gps in it so when I am outside I can see how far I have gone without having to guess or take the car to track how far i went. The cheapest I found it was on Amazon
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Some people really like sportline.. form what I've read, they are hard to use and don't really work all that great.

I have Polar FT7 that I love. It's very easy to use/set up.. and you can replace the batteries on it yourself.
  • j99li
    Options
    I am trying to find a cheaper HRM cuz being a student doesnt give me the finances to purchase a polar
  • dad106
    Options
    I am trying to find a cheaper HRM cuz being a student doesnt give me the finances to purchase a polar

Did you check amazon? They have the Polar FT4 for 50 dollars.

You get what you pay for when it comes to an HRM.. and even if you need to save up to buy one, thats better then buying a real cheap one and it crapping out on you real quick.

Believe me, I just graduated college and am still jobless.. so I had to save a few subbing paychecks before I was able to get mine.
  • j99li
    Options

You get what you pay for when it comes to an HRM.. and even if you need to save up to buy one, thats better then buying a real cheap one and it crapping out on you real quick.

Believe me, I just graduated college and am still jobless.. so I had to save a few subbing paychecks before I was able to get mine.

I prefer not to buy stuff online. I've bought stuff from amazon and it got lost in the mail and recently with Canada Post being so unstable, its difficult to regain faith in the mail system. I have no income so there isnt anything to save :( I live off of osap so I dont have an excessive amt of money. I am trying to figure out of Sportline will do the job since I only do Jillian Michaels videos once a day
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I used Sportline for 3 months before switching to Polar. The calorie readout I get from both are almost exactly alike. Only a 10 cal difference with Polar. The only problem I had with Sportline is interference with other electronic devices. It stops reading my heart rate if I get too close to my laptop or tv. It also tend to lose signal when I get too sweaty, which is frustrating when you're in the middle of your workout busting your *kitten* off only to realize that it hasn't recorded your calorie burn (but wiping the sweat off the chest strap with a towel fixes this problem). Other than that, it's a no-frills hrm that has all the basic functions you'll ever want and need.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of the one you have. I orignally bought a se102 from oregon scientific. The battery ded and I just ordered at Polar FT4 from amazon.com. it was 58.00 I used it today. Totally worth it. Easy to read display and easy to use. The strap with it is ver comfortable. Plus you can change the battery!
  • dad106
    Options

I prefer not to buy stuff online. I've bought stuff from amazon and it got lost in the mail and recently with Canada Post being so unstable, its difficult to regain faith in the mail system. I have no income so there isnt anything to save :( I live off of osap so I dont have an excessive amt of money. I am trying to figure out of Sportline will do the job since I only do Jillian Michaels videos once a day

For Jillian Michaels Videos it prob. will, but I would caution you against eating back all those calories until you have a gage on if it estimates the calories high or low.

I go to the gym, see a personal trainer twice a month and do weight training on my own at the gym, so thats why I went for a bit of a higher end one.