Lose 10 lbs by end of July, 2017 - also starting BBL and walking starting June 26.

Options

Replies

• DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    We had a housewarming party this weekend. I didn't think I did too badly but I'm up 2 pounds over my sw... Hoping it's just water.
  • loneda
    loneda Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    loneda wrote: »
    Current 148
    Goal 138
    Swimming, walking--getting 15,000 steps a day
    Logging my food

Update:
    current 145.4
    I wish it were more but I think it's been realistic.
    I am doing great at swimming but not well at walking. I have only gotten 15,000 steos a few days and there have been several days last week I didn't get 10,000.
    Revised step goal: 10,000
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    SW:145
    CW: 145.5
    Took me a bit to get the calories figured out and stop gaining. Slowly losing the weight now. Obviously won't make the GW of 135, but, encouraged to see it finally going down.
  • epixa28
    epixa28 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    6/25 SW: 197lbs
    GW: 187

7/2: 197 No pounds lost, but I took my measurements and I lost 5 inches all over my body. Since that's the case, I'm not so upset about the numbers staying the same this week.

7/10: 196.8 Went up and finally back down. I actually had to recalculate my calories because I just wasn't eating enough. Hopefully now I'll be able to lose a bit more and a bit quicker.

7/17: 197.4 had a few bad days but I've got a new schedule and more opportunities to move throughout the day so if I focus on my calories and macros, I think I can get alot closer to my goal than I am now.
  • dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    starting weight: 203 lbs
    current weight: 203 lbs
    well... At least I'm consistent :neutral:
  • meeka60
    meeka60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eek..just found you :smiley:
    July 1 - 169
    current 166
    hopeful for 159

row on the water a three times a week and started boot camp 2x week = very very sore.
    trying to watch portions, too.
  • keelzamy
    keelzamy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sw 247
    Cw 242
    Gw 233

Pushing hard for it can't stand seeing the scales over 200pounds
  • keelzamy
    Options
    Correction, forgot I had to weigh today....I know I've only done so much cos I'm big and have just started.thats why I'm going for an extra 4pounds
    keelzamy wrote: »
    Sw 247
    Cw 238
    Gw 233

Pushing hard for it can't stand seeing the scales over 200pounds
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    You're so close to your goal Keelzamy!
  • keelzamy
    Options

I know I think it's purely because I'm just starting g, you always lose more those first few weeks that's why I added a few on top. How are you going?
    You're so close to your goal Keelzamy!

• DananaNanas
    Options
    I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week and counting calories(ish... I suck on the weekends) for three weeks now and I've lost nothing! But thanks for asking lol

Trying a bit of a different approach this week so we'll see how it goes.
  • BUDDAFLAI
    BUDDAFLAI Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    July 19th and I'm already down to 221!!! I'm so excited. Hoping I can keep this trend going.
    Here is my original post and after is an update because I had to do some tweaking to the plan...

"Current weight 230
    Goal weight 220
    40 yrs old, 5'6"
    Diet: Low carb with tons of fresh veggies and meeting 120g protein goal per day. Calorie goal 1750/day.
    Exercise: 30 minutes fasting cardio (elliptical, treadmill or stationary bike) first thing every morning, plus strength training and core, 5 days per week, 2 rest days. Plus one or two 15 minute walks 5 days a week on work breaks."

Changes: Still, low carb but actually went with the ketogenic diet. My weight wasn't budging with 1750 calories a day so I went down to 1550 calories and also started intermittent fasting. I fasted 22 hours which means I ate dinner around 7pm and then ate again the next evening around 5pm. I ate one large meal and some snacks over a 3 hour period then stopped. I did the 22 hour water fast 2x a week. I've also been following a workout program on Bodyspace: Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer. Still walking on my breaks at work but it's only 1 time per day for 15 minutes.
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Nice job Buddaflai!! I started IF this week... hoping to see SOME scale movement.

Where's the OP? @leanmeanmom how are you doing?
  • Chocciebunbuns
    Chocciebunbuns Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 202.6
    Current weight: 198.2
    Goal weight: 197

Small goal due to going on holiday.......... I'm back!!! put on while I was away but it's actually come off easier than I thought it would :) I think keeping active while we were there helped a lot.

• PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    paganuk wrote: »
    25 June 2017

Starting weight. 183
    Goal weight. 173

8th July 2017. 179.8
    loss so far : 3.2

25th July 176
    loss so far: 7lb
  • epixa28
    Options

7/2: 197 No pounds lost, but I took my measurements and I lost 5 inches all over my body. Since that's the case, I'm not so upset about the numbers staying the same this week.

7/10: 196.8 Went up and finally back down. I actually had to recalculate my calories because I just wasn't eating enough. Hopefully now I'll be able to lose a bit more and a bit quicker.

7/26: 193.4 whoops forgot to update on monday. Looks like I won't be able to reach the 10 pounds, but I think I can push forward and see some more results before the end of the month.
  • loneda
    loneda Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started the challenge at 148 and am now at 143.6. So I lost almost 5 pounds in a month. I would have liked to have lost 10 lbs, but I think 1 lb a week is much more reasonable and sustainable for me, so I feel great about the month. I was thrilled to see a number below 144 today--it has been a loooooong time since I've seen that number.

I hope everyone else is pleased with their month!
  • PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    25 June 2017

Starting weight. 183
    Goal weight. 173

8th July 2017. 179.8
    loss so far : 3.2

25th July 176
    loss so far: 7lb

I didn't make the 10lbs target but I'm 7lbs lighter than I was a month ago!
    total 50 lbs down :)
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    SW 155.4
    CW: 154.4

:(

I got a new scale during the month that is ~2 lbs heavier than my old one but still...
    disappointed. 1/9 lbs lost...
  • epixa28
    edited July 2017
    Options

7/26: 193.4 whoops forgot to update on monday. Looks like I won't be able to reach the 10 pounds, but I think I can push forward and see some more results before the end of the month.

7/31: 193.2 Pretty far from this challenge goal weight. I just kept hitting these speed bumps in the middle of my weeks that I had to make up for. I really could have done better. However, I was able to be more active, take more steps and drink more water over this whole month so I'll take those accomplishments and move on.

Total loss: 3.8lbs