Living at home vs on your own

2»

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I lost a bunch of weight when I moved out. It was really financial though. Instead of being surrounded by expensive snacks and convenience foods I had to start buying whole foods and preparing them myself to stay on budget. I'd make a pot of soup or something and have to make it last all week. While at my parents I could have second and third helpings because it was all free. Once I started making more and could afford eating out and buying whatever food I wanted, the weight started creeping back.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    I moved out at 18 and although i didn't need to lose weight i did because all i could afford was wholemeal bread and peanut butter!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    What you need to learn is to not care if people get "irritated" at you for refusing food. What are they going to do, restrain you and put a feeding tube down your throat if they get P.O.'d enough at your noes? Smile, say "Thank you, but I'm sooo stuffed from that wonderful [___] (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, etc., etc.), that I couldn't possibly. I'd absolutely pop! Why don't you let [___] (whoever is also there) have it?"

In other words, kill 'em with kindness while keeping your lips zipped and move on without thinking about it again.