Stuck at 190

Options
myfitnesspalmrtn
myfitnesspalmrtn Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

I am new to this. I am actually trying to find some kind of help here. I currently weigh 190lbs and my goal is to get to 176 and then gain 5lbs back. I have had a journey of a weight loss. I was hoping someone can assist me. I have had the same routine for about a Month and 1/2 now. From time to time I still see the scale the same way. Some days the scale will show 187 and some days 192. Just to give you an Idea. I am 5'11, I went from a 3XL to a medium or small, 42x40 to 32x30, I do have skin left over (just a little in my abdomine & luckily no love handles), I workout for 140min to 105min depending on the day, do 4 to 5 miles of cardio, lift, eat no more than 1300 calories, burn about 1500 every work out, drink more than 160oz of water a day and I give myself one cheat day a week. I have seen better results as per my Strength and condition. I still seem to be stuck at 190. As well, before I forget to mention, I work in an office 8 hrs day, but I play soccer and go to the gym. I am looking for any kind of help. Possibly I am doing something wrong or doing to much? Any kind of help is welcomed :smiley:

Replies

• amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What's your diet like? Are you eating enough protein? If so, you might be gaining muscle. So, in essence, you are changing in measurements but not in weight. Otherwise, it's likely a plateau. I know it's hard to plateau but our bodies need to to adjust. One thing that helps me is to add calories (I know, seems counterintuitive) but it sometime jogs your body out of a slump. Hope it helps.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to this. I am actually trying to find some kind of help here. I currently weigh 190lbs and my goal is to get to 176 and then gain 5lbs back. I have had a journey of a weight loss. I was hoping someone can assist me. I have had the same routine for about a Month and 1/2 now. From time to time I still see the scale the same way. Some days the scale will show 187 and some days 192. Just to give you an Idea. I am 5'11, I went from a 3XL to a medium or small, 42x40 to 32x30, I do have skin left over (just a little in my abdomine & luckily no love handles), I workout for 140min to 105min depending on the day, do 4 to 5 miles of cardio, lift, eat no more than 1300 calories, burn about 1500 every work out, drink more than 160oz of water a day and I give myself one cheat day a week. I have seen better results as per my Strength and condition. I still seem to be stuck at 190. As well, before I forget to mention, I work in an office 8 hrs day, but I play soccer and go to the gym. I am looking for any kind of help. Possibly I am doing something wrong or doing to much? Any kind of help is welcomed :smiley:

If you truly were eating 1300 calories max, and burning 1500 calories you would be in the hospital. Something's off. Either your logging isn't accurate or you would be dropping weight (including muscle) rapidly.

To give you an example, I am 6'1" to 6'2" tall, 190 lbs. I eat around 2500-2700 calories a day and maintain my weight. Aggressive weight loss for me would be a pound a week, and I would have to cut down to about 2200 calories a day. I work out for about 100-120 minutes a day, five days a week very intensely. My average burn is between 800-1200 calories during that workout. I take those calories, add them up for the whole week, divide them by 7 and add them to my non-exercise daily maintenance calories so that I can eat the same every day whether I'm working out or not. So that puts me at about 2700 a day. You're not that much shorter than me, and if your pictures in your profile are correct it looks like you have as much as if not more muscle than me. I'd re-calculate your calories with and without your exercise over at iifym.com and see where you come out.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    amyn73 wrote: »
    What's your diet like? Are you eating enough protein? If so, you might be gaining muscle. So, in essence, you are changing in measurements but not in weight. Otherwise, it's likely a plateau. I know it's hard to plateau but our bodies need to to adjust. One thing that helps me is to add calories (I know, seems counterintuitive) but it sometime jogs your body out of a slump. Hope it helps.

not on 1300 calories and burning a lot hes not gaining muscle
  • esmerelda9479
    esmerelda9479 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a Dr.? Had your body fat measured? 5'11 and 190 lbs could be your bodies"set point". If you look at a weight/height chart for men and figure 5 to 10 pounds to account for extra skin, you are close to on point. I would try increasing your protein and reevaluate your actual calories.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a Dr.? Had your body fat measured? 5'11 and 190 lbs could be your bodies"set point". If you look at a weight/height chart for men and figure 5 to 10 pounds to account for extra skin, you are close to on point. I would try increasing your protein and reevaluate your actual calories.

if your body had a set point then anorexics and people who eat very little calories would not lose weight so easily.The less you have to lose the slower its going to be and you have to be more accurate with your calories in and out.