Preworkout suggestions?

Options
I've never had preworkout supplements but I see a lot of Insta weight loss pages use it. So what's a good preworkout brand for women or in general?

Replies

• azazel833
    azazel833 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    coffee or an aple
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    C4. If you get a pins and needles feeling, its the beta alanine.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Taryan23 wrote: »
    I've never had preworkout supplements but I see a lot of Insta weight loss pages use it. So what's a good preworkout brand for women or in general?

since you saw it on weight loss pages just to let you know its not going to help you lose any weight. its to help give you energy to get through workouts.
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just take a 200mg caffeine pill. Gets the job done without any pesky coffee or spending $$.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Try a coffee & banana.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I use caffeine before a workout.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Gaspari Super Pump used to get me so hyped before the gym.......and that was when I was living on coffee and had blood made of caffeine. I've heard they took it off the shelves for awhile to redo their formula (basically take the effective stuff out). I've been drinking C4 every morning in place of coffee whenever the office runs out. Its enough to keep me awake and cheerful, but doesn't hype me up like Super Pump did. I havn't used any supplements as a pre-workout in many years now. I'm sure there are some good stuff out there, but I've just been having a cup of coffee before the gym and riding my bike there to get warmed up.

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I take a preworkout rest.
  • Taryan23
    Taryan23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

since you saw it on weight loss pages just to let you know its not going to help you lose any weight. its to help give you energy to get through workouts.

I know it's for energy and not weight loss related(:
  • Taryan23
    Options
    PikaJoyJoy wrote: »
    Just to be clear - why exactly do you need a preworkout? If you think that just because it's touted on weight loss blogs, etc it means it'll have you losing weight instantly..then you're going to be disappointed.

Preworkouts are basically just a caffeine (or other stimulant) boost to help push you through your workout. Some lifters say it helps them focus a bit better and push heavier, but ultimately there are others that say a cup of coffee instead of the preworkout powders does the same thing in that regards.

Hi, thanks I know that preworkouts are used for energy. And has nothing to do with weight loss. And honestly, who wouldn't wanna feel edgy and pumped going to the gym if you can. I mean in my opinion it's a win. So I came here because I know some workout pages just promotes things probably without trying them or doesn't give honest opinions, and I know there probably on people on MFP in this section that uses it. And thanks for the info about weight lifters.
  • Taryan23
    Options
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    Gaspari Super Pump used to get me so hyped before the gym.......and that was when I was living on coffee and had blood made of caffeine. I've heard they took it off the shelves for awhile to redo their formula (basically take the effective stuff out). I've been drinking C4 every morning in place of coffee whenever the office runs out. Its enough to keep me awake and cheerful, but doesn't hype me up like Super Pump did. I havn't used any supplements as a pre-workout in many years now. I'm sure there are some good stuff out there, but I've just been having a cup of coffee before the gym and riding my bike there to get warmed up.

I've saw one female (around my age) that uses c4 but I don't think she ever stated her opinion about it. So thanks for inputting that, and letting me know what you think is a good brand (:
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey @Taryan23
    Female 36 here...I use half the recommended serving of Legion Pulse. I get an extra bump and no jitters or freaky side effects, aside from the tingles from the beta alanine...which I've come to enjoy :smile:
  • ajpopoca88
    ajpopoca88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use vega brand pre workout. Its vegan and only has natural ingredients. And it actually works
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Good Ol' Coffee!
  • OKNY21
    OKNY21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Coffee...Also, I have a Trader Joe's near me and they have these "espresso pillows"..which are toffeed expresso bits covered in dark chocolate..I eat some of those and am good to go.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    C4 etc are generally over/under dosed on the meaningful/useful supps.

Caffeine, beta alanine, Citrulline, creatine. There's a couple others, but those are generally what you'll find.

See Examine.com for dosing. See Amazon.com for bulk powders.

IOW, DIY. If you like a particular flavor for hydration... note the dosing... see Labdoor.com to validate label dosing.

For flavor I like C4 Blue Razz, ON Amino Energy Orange, lemon/lime,
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    And honestly, who wouldn't wanna feel edgy and pumped going to the gym if you can.

I don't!
    Quite happy feeling normal - I'm plenty motivated or I wouldn't be there.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    APS Mesomorph works great. I don't drink coffee.