ED.. How to have a better relationship w/ food ?

Options
I have struggled with EDNOS since I was about 11. Im 18 now. Almost 19. I have my good times where I feel better and I am healthier but then I crash again.
Any event or occasion that has food involved makes me feel extremely weird, uncomfortable, and disgusting. Like people are talking about me or laughing at me or something.
I have been teased by my peers for my chunky-Ness since middle school.
Once I got to highschool and hut puberty u became curvy.
When I was younger some of the nicknames my family gave me were "Gorda" (fat girl) and when I was younger "Gordita" (little fat girl). I am done with the names, the bad and intrusive thoughts. I'm done. I want to be better. Please help.

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I struggle with disordered eating as well. My best advice is if you haven't already, to go see your doctor and get a referral for some professional help to talk to. I'm finally able to see a professional soon and I'm excited to work through these things with her. Friends and family's advice is good; but nothing beats a pro.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    This is something you'll need to discuss with the person treating you for EDNOS, especially if it's damaging your self esteem.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    If you have an eating disorder like bulimia, anorexia, or binging and purging, you should not be here. A therapist will guide you.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you have an eating disorder like bulimia, anorexia, or binging and purging, you should not be here. A therapist will guide you.

BUMP.
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Are you still seeing a therapist? He or she would be better able to help you with ideas to stay on track.

If for some reason you aren't and are looking for resources, here is a link provided by MFP with links for support. :)

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources