*NEW BIGGEST LOSER TEAM CHALLENGE STARTING ON AUGUST 7TH!*

Wiccandothis
Wiccandothis Posts: 828 Member
Interested in joining a new challenge group? Don't miss out on the next round of our BIGGEST LOSER TEAM CHALLENGE!! If you're looking for some motivation and encouragement...a team challenge might be for you! Join our next round for a chance to compete with multiple teams while challenging yourself at the same time.

The Biggest Loser Challenge will start up a new 9-week challenge on August 7th!! Must join and have your weight posted by Sunday, August 6th @ 10:00 pm PST. Please read over the dates and the rules for the challenge and if interest, request to join the group by clicking here and requesting to join: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge

Please take a few minutes to read through the challenge calendar and rules of the Biggest Loser Challenge, while paying extra attention to rules #6 and #7. Thank you :)

Challenge Rules (subject to discussion and change):

1) Several teams compete, with between 20-30 members each. Which team you are a member of is decided by the power of The Almighty Spreadsheet. Please respect the other members of your team! Everyone has a valid opinion, and we want to provide an open space for them to share it.

2) Each group will have their own thread. Please keep all group discussions in this thread, as making multiples threads per group makes it harder for we (the moderators) to keep track of everything and keep things organized. Please help us, help you. :) If you would like to post about a topic not related to your group, please feel free to start a thread. Otherwise, each team will have one thread for discussion.

3) You should log your weight once each week. Weigh-ins will always open on Thursdays, no later than 10:00 am PST and close on Sundays at 10:00 pm (PST; Pacific Time US)! This will happen in the form of a new thread each week (e.g. WEEK 1 WEIGH IN THREAD) which will be posted on the group's forum. Late weights will not be accepted. We - the group's moderators - will post the results of each weigh-in by Monday at noon, 12:00 pm PST at the latest.

4) The first weigh-in (the starting weigh-in) establishes your "beginning" weight for the purpose of calculating percentage lost. The team with the highest percentage of weight lost during the challenge will be our official challenge winners. NOTE: Please make sure that you accurately post your initial weight, and your weight for all following weigh-ins. We (the moderators) encourage everyone to accurately post their weights, and follow a healthy weight loss plan. Really, at the end of the day, the goal of this competition is to motivate one another to work towards the ultimate goal -- a healthy, long, and happy life (and safe weight loss to get there)!

5) 3 Strikes and you're out: Missing 3 weigh-ins disqualifies you from the competition and puts you onto the Cheerleader's team. These weights will no longer count for your original team. Members of the Cheerleader team will not be ranked for the purposes of this challenge, but they are still encouraged to weigh-in each week. They may also participate in the threads and challenges hosted by competing teams. If you KNOW that you're going to miss a weigh-in, please message Wiccandothis or MonicaA2013 and we'll repost your previous week's weight - so you will not get a strike.

6) We will set MANDATORY challenges every week (usually one nutrition and one fitness based). This will usually be posted within the weigh in thread on Thursday as a heads up and also at the bottom of the results for the week on Monday. In addition to the challenges we set, your group may decide to do additional challenges. You may also pick and choose from the challenges we set. It is up to the teams!

7) This is a 9 week challenge, before posting your initial weight and being assigned a team, please make sure you are ready to participate for the full nine weeks. I CANNOT MAKE THIS STATEMENT BOLD ENOUGH!! It is not fair to yourself or your team to begin a challenge you do not intend to finish. We are all here to help each other. If you are having a hard time staying on track, please do not drop out…turn to your team for help. Please participate in your team threads as much as possible. We are all here to help each other and keep each other motivated for the duration of the challenge. Great friendships have started here so take advantage of it!

8) New members and returning members must join the group and log a starting weight BEFORE the August 6th deadline, after that membership to the group will be closed for the duration of the August - October Challenge. Non-members can either visit the group's homepage (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge) to request entrance to the group, or they can send a direct message to Wiccandothis or MonicaA2013.

Challenge Calendar:

Thursday, August 3rd - Sunday, August 6th: Initial Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, August 7th: Week 1 Begins (Check the forum to see which ream you are on, and the challenges for the week!)
Thursday, August 10th - Sunday, August 13th: Week 1 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday,August 14th: Week 2 Begins and Week 1 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST (Check the forum to see the results from the previous week's weigh in every Monday.)
Thursday, August 17th - Sunday August 20th: Week 2 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, August 21st: Week 3 Begins and Week 2 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, August 24th - Sunday, August 27th: Week 3 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, August 28th: Week 4 Begins and Week 3 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, August 31th - Sunday, September 3rd: Week 4 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, September 4th: Week 5 Begins and Week 4 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, September 7th - Sunday, September 10th: Week 5 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, September 11th: Week 6 Begins and Week 5 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST (Officially Halfway!)
Thursday, September 14th - Sunday, September 17th: Week 6 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, September 18th: Week 7 Begins and Week 6 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, September 21st - Sunday, September 24th: Week 7 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, September 25th: Week 8 Begins and Week 7 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, September 28th - Sunday, October 1st: Week 8 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, October 2nd: Week 9 Begins and Week 8 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, October 5th - Sunday, October 8th: Week 9 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, October 9th: FINAL RESULTS POSTED!

DON'T MISS OUT ON THE FUN!!

Replies

• rustykingand
    rustykingand Posts: 15 Member
    I would like to join the NEW BIGGEST LOSER TEAM CHALLENGE STARTING ON AUGUST 7TH
  • Wiccandothis
    I would like to join the NEW BIGGEST LOSER TEAM CHALLENGE STARTING ON AUGUST 7TH

Great! Just follow this link - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge - and hit the join button and I will be sending out welcome messages with a reminder to weigh in starting next week. :)
  • Svnwitch
    Svnwitch Posts: 71 Member

Great! Just follow this link - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge - and hit the join button and I will be sending out welcome messages with a reminder to weigh in starting next week. :)

Done! :) I'm so excited! I can't tell you how badly I need this

• Wiccandothis
    Svnwitch wrote: »

Done! :) I'm so excited! I can't tell you how badly I need this

Awesome! B)
  • ecolby1996
    ecolby1996 Posts: 8 Member
    Why is the group closed?
  • poisonouslyrics1
    poisonouslyrics1 Posts: 6 Member
    How do I share this challenge with other mfp friends?
  • Wiccandothis
    ecolby1996 wrote: »
    Why is the group closed?

It should be open now. You need to hit the join button and then we will accept it and send you a message once your in. I will be accepting and send out messages by tomorrow.
  • Wiccandothis
    How do I share this challenge with other mfp friends?

You can either share the link to the group page or the link to this page in your status or send it to those interested through a message. I can also invite people to join if you know someone who may be interested.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    I requested to join. Thanks!! :)
  • Fit_Happy_Ellie
    Fit_Happy_Ellie Posts: 2 Member
    Can I please join in?
  • ecolby1996
    ecolby1996 Posts: 8 Member
    I tried joining but I don't know if it worked. I would love to be apart of this though!
  • Wiccandothis
    I tried joining but I don't know if it worked. I would love to be apart of this though!

I don't see your request. Let me send you an invite. Let me know if you don't get it or are still having trouble.
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    I would like to join the challenge!! I followed the link from one of the other posts and "joined" the group so hopefully will get to be part of the challenge!
  • Brester8
    Brester8 Posts: 6 Member
    I requested to join, excited for this
  • katyjane49mfp
    katyjane49mfp Posts: 31 Member
    I have just joined but will be on holiday the first week. I am back on 14th aug so can i post my first weigh in then please. Thanks
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    I requested to join. YAY!!
  • LisaFrankenstein2017
    LisaFrankenstein2017 Posts: 72 Member

I don't see your request. Let me send you an invite. Let me know if you don't get it or are still having trouble.

Same issue

• Wiccandothis

Same issue

Ok, I think I see what is going on. You both are already applicants, but I believe the main page only shows so many at a time. I will begin clearing out the applicants shortly and everyone should receive a message from either myself or MonicaA2013 by the end of today.
  • Wiccandothis
    OK - all requests have been approved and are up to date.
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I'm already in the group from a previous challenge last year. I only did one. Excited for a new one - I need a kick in the behind! Will be looking for the 1st thread to weigh-in.