PHAT lifting - any success?

Options
Has anyone, especially females in their 20's, had any success with PHAT lifting for body recomp? I am interested in starting it to decrease bf% while gaining muscle and improving body composition. Wondering if this would do the trick.

Replies

• Monterae
    Monterae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just googled this, it looks interesting. I'm curious what others have to say.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    PHAT is a solid program, especially for someone not in a deficit. It is one of many I have used and seen progress on. The only problem some people run into is not recovering adequately, but at your age and eating at maintenance it shouldn't be a problem.
  • jakeycork
    jakeycork Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's a great programme - not to be run in a deficit though as it is taxing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How much lifting experience do you have? Because this is definitely not a good beginner program.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Highly recommended program. I love it
  • kendallnick70
    kendallnick70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    How much lifting experience do you have? Because this is definitely not a good beginner program.

I have lifted for awhile now, I am also a college athlete and weight train with my team as well as with a personal trainer for the past two summers.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Never did PHAT but I picked PHUL for the reduced volume and the power. It was really good in maintenance for a recomp. I think PHAT would be as well. Not something I'd do in a deficit.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options

I have lifted for awhile now, I am also a college athlete and weight train with my team as well as with a personal trainer for the past two summers.

What sport?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

So how much you bench, dl and squat?

The big question is, can you tolerate the volume and recover? Its a rather aggressive program and it might be worth going with a program like PHUL first.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Same here, I had to Google it. It looks like a great program, I've done workouts similar and have always had great success.