30 day shred, how much have you lost?

Options
I literally JUST ordered the 30-day shred dvd from overstock and says 5-12 days from now I will get it. I'm excited and can't wait.
For those of you doing it, what day are you on and how much have you lost since starting? I've read a bunch of posts about everyone talking about the dvd and how hard it is when you first start out but nothing on the weight loss. Please say it here! :-)

Replies

• hunterzmomma
    hunterzmomma Posts: 121
    Options
    I don't know but I'll tell u in 27 days lol!
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am on day 28 and have lost 7lbs. It is not as much of a weight loss as Jillian suggests that you can achieve but it was more than a lbs a week and I have been eating as close to possible as MFP suggests. I am taking measurements the day after I finish. I am sure that I lost inches, my pants are falling off.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey, do yourself a favor before you start and TAKE MEASUREMENTS!! I was loosing weight consistently before I started 30DS and now the scale isn't moving but the stomach is flatter and arms/legs are more toned. I am kicking myself for not taking measurements to have some number to reference.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 DS in April and lost 10 lbs and 7 1/4 inches.
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 today so I don't know yet, but everyone says they lose a lot more inches than lbs so measure youself before you start and then at the end of the 30 days. I did and I'm hoping for great results! :) Good luck, and it is a good workout that's for sure!!
  • cgirly422
    cgirly422 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds and 8 inches! I'm almost done with my second month of it, so I'll let you know what the results are from this time:) Good luck!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Good idea. I will need to track down one of those measuring tapes now as I don't have one. Thanks!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for a couple months now, I have done all the levels but I also mix my workouts up some days I do the 30DS and some days I do ripped in 30... I also just started doing Kettlebells and weights a couple times a week.
    I have not lost a whole lot of weight but I have lost several inches, and I am looking a lot more toned. so I am not sure if that helps a whole lot.
    I guess it really just depends on how much weight your body needs to lose.. the bigger you are the faster you will lose in most cases.
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good idea. I will need to track down one of those measuring tapes now as I don't have one. Thanks!

They are only 99cents at the Dollar Tree! I have to buy them often because my 2 year old likes to play with them/break them.
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    30DS seems to be less about pounds lost and more about inches lost. Because it includes lots of exercises with weights, you end up building quite a bit of muscle. As you know muscle is denser/heavier than fat, so your weight might not change much. But you'll definitely notice a difference in your body and the way your clothes fit because you've lost inches. I'm on Day 7 of Level 1 right now, and prepping to move to level 2 soon. Best of luck!!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options

They are only 99cents at the Dollar Tree! I have to buy them often because my 2 year old likes to play with them/break them.

I have one BLOCKS from my apartment, thanks!!
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    I am in the middle of the shred, but I have not heard a lot of weight loss from the shred but definitely inches. Take your measurements!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Measurements are definitely key with the shred. In fact, throw out your scale.

I haven't "lost" anything according to that lying sack of scale. But I'm so much leaner, stomach noticeably flatter, toned arms. Not to mention enhanced stamina and strength.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I never made it past day 7 cause it made my thighs bulk up so much, but I seem to be the only one that had that problem!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    ha ha, I' going to agree with everyone and say make sure you measure! I'm just over half way, have lost 4 lbs so far but definitely think I have seen bigger changes in measurements. Also, before I did this I had been on a plateau weight-wise for 3/4 weeks so I'm very happy with the weight too as it got me moving again. :smile:
  • sarahdunx
    Options
    i have done the 30 day shred and Davina McCall's my 3 30 minute workout. I sadly didn't take measurements but Ive been doing it for a few months and in total have lost just over 3 stone and dropped 3 dress sizes nearly 4 dress sizes now!!! both of these workouts are extremely effective and i exercise 5 days a week on a healthy diet ( not a fad diet) proper food!!!!
    so it does work just stick to it and dont give up guys!!!! good luck.....

2353310.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Frenchy86
    Options
    2KG - about 4lb, but lost more in inches and feel better in myself.
    I did it from Dec 1st - 30th
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is the second time i've done the shred. Last year I did it and lost one pound (wasn't eating that great) BUT lost 12.5 inches overall!!
    This time i'm doing everything right, cardio, shred and eating 'mostly' well and i've lost 3lbs since 2nd Jan and had a cheeky measure of my waist and lost 2 inches. I love the shred! Inches fall off (or sweat off as she's a feminazi!!!) ;) xxx