100 lbs journey

Options
mjtaylor87
mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
I have always been a big girl. And i am fine being a big girl but i have gotten way to unhealthy.

In high school I was always big. But it wasn't a bad big. it was a strong big. I was an athlete. In
volleyball I was a back center. I had great control over my body and could land the ball where ever was needed. Softball i was a catcher that had great reflexes and a wicked arm. I was also a heavy weight co-ed wrestler. I had a low center of gravity and was quick with reversals.

Now I have 2 kids and a husband. I was diagnosed with Fibromyagia 2 years ago and I have aloud it to bring me down. If you don't know what that is here is the short version: it is a nerve disorder that causes the nerves in my body to tell my brain that I am in pain when there is nothing causing pain. The smallest touch can feel like being hit with a baseball bat. My son sitting on my lap feels like a grown man jumping on me. During bad flare ups the sun, just on a normal day, can feel like being branded by a hot poker. It causes sensory sensitivity, which in me, can make my boys just running around the back yard yelling feel like i am at a drag strip with do ear protection. SO i have let it keep me in side. keep me away from doing things with me kids.

In high school when i felt my healthiest i was a little over 200lbs. I started my weight loss journey last month at 306lbs. Right now i am stuck at 290lbs. I am so out of shape that i have to sit down half way though a zumba video. I put my boys in a bake carriage every night and ride them around the block 3 times. that equals a mile and i almost collapse when i am done. but then i want to cry because my boys beg for just one more trip around but i cant do it.

I am trying to cut carbs not so much because i think it is a fast track to loosing weight but when i start tracking on here i realized that we were eating more carbs than calories on a daily bases. Sad things is i can by the stuff to buy spaghetti and garlic bread for half the price it would cost to make a descent salad. So i have a hard time keeping the carbs low.

I really would like some friends on here that will actually comment on the things I post. keep me accountable when i haven't posted in a couple of day. I will do the same for you all too. I want some one that can help push me to do more. and tell me when i actually made good choices. Some one that will look at my food diary and tell me i should not have eaten that. I know i sound very needy but right now that is really what i need.

MY husband is on this journey with me too trying to loose weight but he is very sweet. he wont tell me i shouldn't have ate that or you need to go work out. we go on the bike rides together and we eat healthy together but i need a little more pushing.

Replies

• Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    First, you need to give yourself some credit. Instead of wanting to cry for not being able to go around the block 4 times, be proud of being able to go around the block 3 times. It's a great start and eventually, you will be able to go 4 times, 5 times and so on. There is not really a bad thing to eat, as long as you stay in your calorie limit. A deficit will give you a loss. Feel free to add me and I will help out where I can.
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    Wii_Player wrote: »
    First, you need to give yourself some credit. Instead of wanting to cry for not being able to go around the block 4 times, be proud of being able to go around the block 3 times. It's a great start and eventually, you will be able to go 4 times, 5 times and so on. There is not really a bad thing to eat, as long as you stay in your calorie limit. A deficit will give you a loss. Feel free to add me and I will help out where I can.

I will add you. I always tell them that we will go again tomorrow. THat makes them a little less sad.
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey, It seems like were looking for the same thing and maybe we can help each other out. I need to lose about 100 lbs as well and am looking for friends to help hold me accountable. I'm just getting back to being on MFP after a hiatus and I think to keep me going I need friends that are going to interact, more then just a good job if I post a workout. I can't do this alone and I'm looking for others that could use a push too.
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    Hey, It seems like were looking for the same thing and maybe we can help each other out. I need to lose about 100 lbs as well and am looking for friends to help hold me accountable. I'm just getting back to being on MFP after a hiatus and I think to keep me going I need friends that are going to interact, more then just a good job if I post a workout. I can't do this alone and I'm looking for others that could use a push too.

I will help you as much as i can :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Dropped you an answer on the other post in Motivation & Support :smile:
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was always the biggest girl growing up - I'm 5'11" now. I started at just over 300 lbs back in January and am down 56 lbs as of this morning (I'd like to lose 100+). I think I'm making pretty good progress just eating "normal" food. If you want spaghetti have it, but be sure to log it - and be on top of your portion sizes. As most everyone on here will tell you "Calories In/Calories Out" is the key to losing. You're doing great - eat a little less, move a little more and you're doing that. If I can do it, you can do it. Just keep plugging away.