Calories with macros-carbs, proteins, fats

Options
Hello,
I am new to loosing weight. And Im confused on the calories then the macros. I always hit or a lil less than my calories of 1272.00 but for some reason i have a hard time of hitting my macros. I will go a little over carbs, hit my fats, but hit half way to my proteins. Its like I can never balance those all out. Should I just focus on calories and not the carbs fats and proteins to have successful weightloss? I need to loose roughly 25 to 30 pounds to be back at my weight before having my daughter. She is almost two and I have struggled with getting back to my weight

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    for weight loss, calories rule - eat less than you burn and you will lose weight

macro ratios are more for nutrition/satiety and finding what works best for you
  • sammyp40
    sammyp40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I struggle to hit protein goal too and I am new to my fitness pal. I would welcome advice on this too
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I think they both are important.. for losing weight you need to stick to your calories but is important to achieve your macros (mostly protein).

I put all the food I am eating the night before and check if I am hitting both my macros and calories (sometimes I go over/under the macros but it´s ok) I try to eat high protein foods whenever I can

Maybe look for some high protein foods like:

Lean meat
    Grains
    Eggs (egg whites)
    chia
    Tuna
    protein bars
    Protein powder
    lentils

And you can also look on youtube for some ideas. I love the what I eat in a day videos ;)
  • bri_fitnessjourney
    bri_fitnessjourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SaraydaB wrote: »
    Hi!

I think they both are important.. for losing weight you need to stick to your calories but is important to achieve your macros (mostly protein).

I put all the food I am eating the night before and check if I am hitting both my macros and calories (sometimes I go over/under the macros but it´s ok) I try to eat high protein foods whenever I can

Maybe look for some high protein foods like:

Lean meat
    Grains
    Eggs (egg whites)
    chia
    Tuna
    protein bars
    Protein powder
    lentils

And you can also look on youtube for some ideas. I love the what I eat in a day videos ;)

Thank you so much for the help! Adding in some protein bars should defiantly help! ☺ Thank you again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!