Starbucks

Options
I love my chai latte from starbucks! and the green tea latte.... they have introduced a new low sugar chai flavouring... any other suggestions on how to cut the calories?

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Americano
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Order it half sweet
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I live on Starbucks (My work demands I be functioning on sugar and caffeine before I even clock in). I like to get light versions of the frapps as they're pretty reasonable on calories (plus are decent tasting, especially after an extra shot of espresso). I also do the cold brews and have tried one of their new infusion tea lemonades.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Pike place. Black.

This.
  • Smores_24
    Smores_24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I only allow myself one per week
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I go a lot less often and get me the yummy full fat and sugar version. Saves money too.
  • taylormoooon
    taylormoooon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I always do cappuccinos! Lower sugar, lower cals, and higher protein.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I love the cold brews, especially the toasted coconut cold brew (50 cals for a grande, I think) if I want something with a little extra flavor without it being too sweet.
  • Alexandriakay676
    Alexandriakay676 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I should mention I am not a coffee drinker! Thanks to all for the suggestions!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Buy the chai latte concentrate and make them at home? That way you control how much concentrate to other liquid (and what it is) you mix with the concentrate. Saving a boatload of money in the process may be an incentive, too.

ETA: Unfortunately far as the matcha lattes, though, all I see are clones: https://matchaoutlet.com/search?q=starbucks unless you want to put the work into making the original as it'd require more than just mixing a base with another liquid like the original chai latte concentrate.
  • Andy10725
    Andy10725 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Any specialty coffees/drinks are loaded with with unnecessary sugar and sweetener. In my opinion, these sweets are used to hide the inferior quality of the beans and teas.
    If you really like Chai Latte instead of Starbucks, then you could prepare it yourself. Cook black tea with cinnamon stick, peppercorn, cloves. Heat your choice of milk and frost it with blender. Mix both together with 2:1 ratio to start with and adjust it from there. Green tea/matcha latte is even easier.
    With what they charge at Starbucks, you can brew with a much much better quality tea. You may be surprised how the original flavour of the real tea could be much more tasty than the sugared version at Starbucks.
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm Chai Latte. We got a Coffee Pod machine for home that does loads of different drinks, including a Chai Latte. It's only like 120cal which is much better! It's tasty too :) failing that, you can usually buy loose chai tea from a tea shop and brew it yourself. Not quite the same, but very tasty :)
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I basically quit Starbucks chai lattes because of the sugar content. I miss them LOADS! :(

I wasn't a big coffee person either, but here's what hits the spot these days...
    Iced latte
    Grande
    Skinny
    Single shot
    Sugar free vanilla

It tastes luxurious and yummy, but the Starbucks nutrition chart (UK) think it comes in at about 65kcal (inc 3 pumps of syrup), compared to 204kcal for a grande skinny chai latte.
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    I love the cold brews, especially the toasted coconut cold brew (50 cals for a grande, I think) if I want something with a little extra flavor without it being too sweet.

Jealous. I never got to try the official one because one day my Starbucks is out of Cold Brew and the next they were out of the syrup (and I was told they didn't know if they were getting any more). Time one, I had a lovely barista that doctored up a mock using iced coffee and only charged me the cold brew price. I really wanted to try it and waited too long.
  • roycn
    roycn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like my chai lattes too! Unfortunately, they have a ton of sugar in them so I'm trying to tell myself that it will be a rare treat.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Coffee is super low cal if you don't add anything to do (besides water).
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I always do cappuccinos! Lower sugar, lower cals, and higher protein.

Me too. Small, non-fat cappuccino. And those are really just the occasional treat. Maybe twice a month.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Generally I try not to add too much to my coffee--except for the first cup in the morning, which I immersion blend protein powder into... But no-frills black coffee doesn't appeal to everyone, so when I want a "fancy coffee," I try to follow some simple guidelines: order the smallest size and don't go more than once a day.

I can make the tall fancy coffee I love fit in my day easily (that is, in accordance with my calorie and macro goals), but it would be harder to do if I ordered a grande or venti... and even further difficult if I had more than one a day.

I don't get frappes very often, but when I do, I always ask them to hold the whipped cream. I don't think it adds to my enjoyment, so it's just extra calories I get no joy from consuming.
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love my chai latte from starbucks! and the green tea latte.... they have introduced a new low sugar chai flavouring... any other suggestions on how to cut the calories?

These are my favorite but way too much sugar for me! I had to stop getting them. Honestly, I see Starbucks as a splurge now outside of regular coffee or Americano.