Thank you Keto, but i am moving on...

Options
I was at my highest weight of 275lbs in May 2016. I was able to loose and get down to a 5 year low of 225 by changing some eating habits, but found myself in a 6 month plateau and the scale started creeping back up.
In January of this year I found Keto, and in 2 months was at a 10 year low of 199! I made it to one-derland with the help of keto, something I never thought I would see again. i was able to loose another few pounds and have been hovering around 195lbs. late march - late june I found myself falling back to old habits and I have discovered that keto just isn't sustainable (for me) long term and I was starting to get myself in trouble with cheating and being "lazy".
I have since turned my focus to solely calorie counting and not restricting any foods. If my calories allow it, I have it. I am now floating between 188-190 and the scale is, once again, going in a direction I want it too.

Thank you Keto, for getting me to a place I never thought I would see - but you and I must part, I feel, if I want to continue going down, and keeping the weight off, I need to allow myself to have any food I want.

I completely support keto, and have the upmost respect for those able to keep at it long-term. It did well for me, and I will be forever grateful <3

Replies

• cvansaders
    cvansaders Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I am trying to get where you are. One of my worries is tightening skin. Have you found anything hekpful?
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am doing a modified keto and lost 15 pounds so far and am loving the results. I don't eat as much fat, am vegetarian so there's no bacon and meat, but really focusing on low carb and low sugar and replacing it with healthier fats and lots of salads. Its hard but the results are very encouraging after I spent years not getting the scale to budge. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I am hoping this will get me to my goal. I am so grateful fro finding keto!!!
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    cvansaders wrote: »
    Great job!! I am trying to get where you are. One of my worries is tightening skin. Have you found anything hekpful?

I haven't really tried anything for skin yet. I have had 3 babies so my stomach is pretty stretched out but as I loose, I find the "apron" in the front tummy is shrinking so I don't think I will have too many issues. its my upper thighs and arms that I think are going to be my issue.
    Have you tried anything?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. :)
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I started the same way at 240 for about 20 of the 80lbs I had to lose. I found it useful but in the end, like you, too restrictive for the long haul. If I can caution you to increase carbs slowly due to glycogen and water weight if you are particularly psychologically sensitive to scale fluctuations... or do what I did... take your 5lb water gain lump in the rip the band-aid method hahah
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    That's kind of why i never wanted to go for keto. I needed something I can live my life without feeling restricted. I guess when needing to keto can help people but it's not a lifestyle I'm willing to take on.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    NessaR2011 wrote: »
    That's kind of why i never wanted to go for keto. I needed something I can live my life without feeling restricted. I guess when needing to keto can help people but it's not a lifestyle I'm willing to take on.

It was really helpful with my sugar cravings and allowed me to moderate much better in the long term. I never intended to commit to it for life but it has it's place for sure.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I started the same way at 240 for about 20 of the 80lbs I had to lose. I found it useful but in the end, like you, too restrictive for the long haul. If I can caution you to increase carbs slowly due to glycogen and water weight if you are particularly psychologically sensitive to scale fluctuations... or do what I did... take your 5lb water gain lump in the rip the band-aid method hahah

I had a 4lb regain (water and bloat) but have since gotten rid of it. I am still relatively "low carb" but nowhere near the 20g allowed on keto.
    I have been feeling pretty good :)