Thinner, Leaner, Stronger/General Weight Lifting tips

Options
2»

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I've seen smith machines like this, if that's what it is. Basically it's a "free moving" smith machine, I guess. (I don't know the technical name, I'd call it a smith machine) There is another track that allows the fixed barbell to move forward and back, in addition to up and down. From what I've seen of people trying to squat/deadlift with them, they're very awkward and still not as optimal as just using free weight.

Oh yeah, duh. Like this, @abarriere ? Details may be somewhat different, but this type?

BodyCraft-Jones-Club-Smith-Machine-fs.jpg
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes that's what it is. Seems better than a plain smith machine but worse than just a regular rack. There is a free barbell on the ground so I can use that for deadlifts, but that machine my only barbell squat option at this gym. Blahhh. I used it today and it was fine I guess.
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    klugpwsuinmy.jpg
    qdlna5vzwufq.jpg
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Can you take the free barbell and use it in the cage of the Jones machine? I've done this before when visiting gyms that aren't fully equipped. If you move the attached bar out if the way (all the way up, maybe?), maybe you could use the hooks and safeties as sort of a makeshift power cage.