Am I losing to much-to fast

Options
Hello All,

As the subject reads, am I losing to much to fast? I started working out again after a six years lapse. When I started on the 3rd of this month I weighed 288lbs. I'm 6 foot and 38 years old. As of this morning I'm 272 and I just got back from a 14 mile bike ride and lost another two pounds. I assume because i'm so overweight that the pounds come off quickly and that will steady out in time.

It's been so hot in Washington DC but the heat doesn't really slow me down so I'm losing faster then normal I assume. After 26 days I've lost 18 lbs, is that bad?

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I dont think so, my first week on my diet I lost 12 lbs. I was jazzed. It always seems to come off faster in the beginning. Enjoy it~:drinker:
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I would assume that your 2 lb loss after your bike ride is from getting dehydrated.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

Are you eating a balanced diet and getting sufficient calories, I am not going to enter the should you eat exercise calories or not - but I have been eating 1200 daily (and no added exercise calories) for the last 10 weeks and have lost 40lbs that’s far more than most people say is healthy!!!! I eat well, exercise often and feel healthy, I also drink loads of water, so I would say listen to your body and so long as you are feeling well enjoy your success.....

Lucy
  • broganvc
    broganvc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A lot of that weight too can be water weight- I wouldn't worry too much about it in the first weeks. Also, any fat that is READY to come off of you is going to melt away- your body wants it gone just as fast as you do!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    If you start feeling faint or tired all the time I would say yes but since you feel fine, I see no problems
  • Kguide
    Kguide Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lucy that's good to know. I'm at about 2k calorie intake but it fluctuations.