10 Pound Gain In 4 Days

Options
elizabeth7708
elizabeth7708 Posts: 17 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
This weekend I went camping and I just got back today. It was fun, except for the fact that I was always eating.. I always had some food within my reach. When I got back today I got on the scales and was back up to 180 lbs. I was 169 lbs, when I left on Saturday. I know its mostly just water weight, but has anybody else had a similar problem? If so what did you do to bounce back from it? I don't know if I should eat a little less this week, or eat my regular deficit and just excersice more.
I'm 22, female, pretty active lifestyle, typically walking 10-13k steps a day. I typically don't exercise, but always reach my steps.

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I would go back to your usual routine for the week and see how things go. Eating different food than usual, being dehydrated, etc could be contributing here.

How often do you weigh yourself?

~Lyssa
  • elizabeth7708
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    I would go back to your usual routine for the week and see how things go. Eating different food than usual, being dehydrated, etc could be contributing here.

~Lyssa

I usually weigh myself weekly. Even when not logging food, I've never had this much of a weight fluctuation.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

~Lyssa

I usually weigh myself weekly. Even when not logging food, I've never had this much of a weight fluctuation.

In that case, I'd give it 2 full weeks of being back on normal routine and see what your weight is doing.

Are you near the start of your period or ovulating? Those can cause water retention, which could also contribute to the upward spike.

~Lyssa
  • elizabeth7708
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    Personally, I would recommend just getting back to what you normally do. Just asking, why don't you exercise?

I was just in Vegas for a week and shot up 7 lbs. Granted, I drank way too much and didn't exercise. I'm used to lifting weights 5 days a week and the only thing I did was walk. I felt like garbage when I got home and got back on track. No extra calorie deficit and the weight is coming back off.

You would have had to have consumed 38,500 extra calories to have gained 11 lbs. Highly unlikely! I'm sure it's mainly water. Good luck!

I typically don't have time to workout between work and family XD I'm thinking of making time for it though.

• elizabeth7708
    Options

~Lyssa

In that case, I'd give it 2 full weeks of being back on normal routine and see what your weight is doing.

Are you near the start of your period or ovulating? Those can cause water retention, which could also contribute to the upward spike.

~Lyssa

That's so true! I always forget to think of my period when seeing changes on the scale. I'll certainly track my calories for awhile and hope I get back on track.

• jennknut
    jennknut Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Even if you ate more than normal, I doubt very much you ate 35,000 extra calories which would truly be an extra 10 pounds. No it's water weight, the extra sodium you probably ate, and your body just needs more water and for you to get back to what you were doing before and it will disappear. Glad you enjoyed your trip!
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Water weight will go down after a few days.. just get back to your regular routine.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Go back to your routine. Weigh yourself everyday this week. You'll be amazed at how quickly it goes away.
  • ssmarquits84
    ssmarquits84 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know the struggle, so easy to put it on but hard to take it off.