FITBIT steps count!

Options
13»

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Ainadan wrote: »
    I don't know how y'all get so many steps. When I'm teaching for 5 hours I get about 12,000 steps, but on off days I have to work to get anywhere close to 8,000. Also, I'm positive my fitbit doesn't count all my steps, I've watched it not count them. Is this common?

I have to work for the majority of my steps. An average day, no intentional exercise gets me around 2,000 steps, this was my norm before getting a fitbit.
    My daily average since then is between 13k-16k steps a day. My only exercise is walking, I'm walking right now as I'm typing this. Sitting down reading the internet is a waste of time for me now, why not kill 2 birds with one stone and catch up on mfp AND exercise at the same time :lol:

That is what I was saying on my rest day, which is Sunday I probably get about 2500-3000 steps. I get up every morning before I do anything exercise before work. My minimum goal is 7,000 in the morning. If I have extra time I do more. It just put me in a good head space to start my day. Most days I end up with anywhere between 12,000-14,000. It just depends on what the day entails.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @Christine_72 funny!! But I refuse to walk my dog without tracking :#
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    @ohmsdiva @choppie70 I like that you sync yours at the end of the day but when I sync throughout the day, I am pushed to walk or burn more lol...try it out :)

Having it on my wrist is enough motivation for me. I average about 18 - 20K steps a day.

How do you manage that?
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    7elizamae wrote: »
    @ohmsdiva @choppie70 I like that you sync yours at the end of the day but when I sync throughout the day, I am pushed to walk or burn more lol...try it out :)

Having it on my wrist is enough motivation for me. I average about 18 - 20K steps a day.

How do you manage that?

I teach third grade, so I am on my feet basically pacing all day. We have brain breaks and walk 1/4 a mile 2x a day for a break. I get 10K steps by 2:00 each afternoon. Then when I get home I do 3 miles on my treadmill and the rest is from cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. In the summer I am close to 18K more often, I have to make an effort to get steps in - walking during commercials, a mile on my airdyne by each time I change over the laundry, etc.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I don't know how y'all get so many steps. When I'm teaching for 5 hours I get about 12,000 steps, but on off days I have to work to get anywhere close to 8,000. Also, I'm positive my fitbit doesn't count all my steps, I've watched it not count them. Is this common?

A lot of times you have to have 10+ steps for it to start counting. That is so it does not count all of your arm movements as steps.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    What I <3 best...

I can eat what I want, track it, sync my Fitbit, and make up any difference lol...it really works!
  • Ainadan
    Ainadan Posts: 158 Member
    Options

A lot of times you have to have 10+ steps for it to start counting. That is so it does not count all of your arm movements as steps.

Ok, makes sense. Thanks!
  • Ainadan
    Ainadan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Today was a teaching day, so lots of steps. It certainly helps me to see the effect on how many calories I can have if I'm being active vs not being active. Very motivating.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options

The only time my movements other than steps get counted is parents evenings when I basically sit for three hours talking and gesticulating - it always counts me as having walked a couple of thousand steps in that time! It's simple enough to fix but I still find it pretty amusing.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    @choppie70 interesting....brushing teeth, this always happens too...lol...or driving far...even flying...I've seen it move but pretty accurately In exercises though
  • LeeBerry22
    LeeBerry22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fitbit user add me if want a challenge
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    Oh I see you gets it in @LeeBerry22 :# I haven't lately but I'm starting back up soon enough!
  • LeeBerry22
    LeeBerry22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me if you need support
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    scarlet67 wrote: »
    I can't get mine to sync.....tried everything

The only way mine syncs is through my iPhone. From there it transfers to my computer. I can't get it to sync on my computer.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    scarlet67 wrote: »
    I can't get mine to sync.....tried everything

The only way mine syncs is through my iPhone. From there it transfers to my computer. I can't get it to sync on my computer.

@Polo265 Do you have the fitbit dongle plugged into your computer? Did you download the fitbit app thingy onto your computer?
    If you cant see the fitbit logo on the bottom right of your computer screen or in the hidden icon section then it's not installed on your computer.