FITBIT steps count!

Options

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @ohmsdiva @choppie70 I like that you sync yours at the end of the day but when I sync throughout the day, I am pushed to walk or burn more lol...try it out :)

I do not think I would walk more. I exercise before I go to work in the morning. By the time I leave the house in the morning I have walked at least 7000 steps and I do get up and move at least 250 steps every hour. Right now my target is 11,000 steps 5 days per week. I have been recently moving it up a bit, but other than that it takes work for me to hit my goal.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    7000 before leaving the house? Great!!! More like 900 for me...but 12000-15000 a day...I need more ;)
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    @nicolelarocca9765 you got a request (Fitbit)
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @ohmsdiva @choppie70 I like that you sync yours at the end of the day but when I sync throughout the day, I am pushed to walk or burn more lol...try it out :)

Having it on my wrist is enough motivation for me. I average about 18 - 20K steps a day.
  • justkeeprunning91
    justkeeprunning91 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    SWEET! :#
    I love my Charge, what made you go to the ALTA HR?
    Im loosing but I just started a week ago...to be continnued... :)@justkeeprunning91

I just like the look of the alta better. It's smaller and you can change out the band. I kept having problems with the Charge HR bands peeling off of the center. Fitbit sent replacements, but I felt like something I paid more than $100 for shouldn't need to be replaced every 4-5 months. I've only had the alta since May so I can't really comment on if it holds up better than the Charge, but so far, so good!
  • Ainadan
    Ainadan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't know how y'all get so many steps. When I'm teaching for 5 hours I get about 12,000 steps, but on off days I have to work to get anywhere close to 8,000. Also, I'm positive my fitbit doesn't count all my steps, I've watched it not count them. Is this common?
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    It happens :/

But be mindful of you are leaning on a cart while shopping, it sometimes doesn't track because your arm is not naturally swinging front to back.I own a treadmill, so it's easy to watch tv shows from my iPad and track steps. :)
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    @Ainadan post above :#
  • iluvlife445
    iluvlife445 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ainadan wrote: »
    I don't know how y'all get so many steps. When I'm teaching for 5 hours I get about 12,000 steps, but on off days I have to work to get anywhere close to 8,000. Also, I'm positive my fitbit doesn't count all my steps, I've watched it not count them. Is this common?

I have to work for the majority of my steps. An average day, no intentional exercise gets me around 2,000 steps, this was my norm before getting a fitbit.
    My daily average since then is between 13k-16k steps a day. My only exercise is walking, I'm walking right now as I'm typing this. Sitting down reading the internet is a waste of time for me now, why not kill 2 birds with one stone and catch up on mfp AND exercise at the same time :lol:

I too get 2k before and after the fitbit. When I first got the fit bit it was motivating but now it isnt.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ainadan wrote: »

I have to work for the majority of my steps. An average day, no intentional exercise gets me around 2,000 steps, this was my norm before getting a fitbit.
    My daily average since then is between 13k-16k steps a day. My only exercise is walking, I'm walking right now as I'm typing this. Sitting down reading the internet is a waste of time for me now, why not kill 2 birds with one stone and catch up on mfp AND exercise at the same time :lol:

I too get 2k before and after the fitbit. When I first got the fit bit it was motivating but now it isnt.

I've had mine for nearly 3 years and it still motivates me everyday.
    The only time my fitbit isn't attached to me is when I'm in the shower, which is when i charge it.
    Another motivater is seeing my available calories here in my diary get higher and higher all throughout the day.

• royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    @Christine_72 YEEEEESSSS! That is so me! Charge in while showering or even while at my desk at work, I need every step! Especially since I stay challenging someone on there lol :/
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    @iluvlife445 challenges push you to do more too with Fitbit. If you have a job always sitting, before the hour is up get up and walk somewhere for more steps. Stairs and parking far work for me too.
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I can't get mine to sync.....tried everything
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    @scarlet67 see if MFP has a customer phone line and have someone guide you. Sometimes I have to do that also. Wish you the best :)
  • ezekielsherrard205735
    ezekielsherrard205735 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I work a (sitting-job) so if I don't do the extra effort I don't even get to 2000 steps.. terrible I know (•̪●)t626te7ed72y2g96.jpg:)

• royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    @ezekielsherrard205735 hopefully one day you will :) do you have a treadmill? Thats what I use at home.
  • fit_finesse92
    fit_finesse92 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I work a (sitting-job) so if I don't do the extra effort I don't even get to 2000 steps.. terrible I know (•̪●)t626te7ed72y2g96.jpg:)

i have a desk job (8+hrs 5 days week) also- i ordered me an under the desk bicycle from amazon.. it's great!
  • royalty_mind_1me
    Options
    @nicolelarocca9765 thats awesome! never thought of anything like it....maybe I should get one :#:):p
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @scarlet67 see if MFP has a customer phone line and have someone guide you. Sometimes I have to do that also. Wish you the best :)

Thanks I'll give it a look :smiley: