What are your favorite running shoes?

Options
im looking into getting some k-Swiss? They look light and comfy for running. I've tried Nike but I haven't really met my match so I thought I'd look elsewhere. Suggestions? Which are your fav running shoes and why?

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    bought my first "real pair" of running shoes this year. mizuno wave rider 14s. light. love.

really wanted the "walk on a cloud" mizuno wave creation 12 but out of my price league.
  • thilltribealso
    Options
    My favorites are Saucony;s they are very durable, comfortable. They last all the miles they need.
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    Puma...very light and comfy
  • katelynnmagdalena
    Options
    I have pumas. Just the basic running kind but they are so comfy! I love running in them :)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I've used Asics, Mizuno.

I really like the Mizuno's. I've been using them in trails lately, they're not really made for that. But if you keep them on pavement or non rocky dirt they're great.
  • leighshutter
    leighshutter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Brooks. Whatever you do, if you are serious about running distance, go to a real athletic shoe store and get a fitting. It makes a true difference.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Vibrams
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Asics, although it's a bit of a (literally) sore subject right now because I got a new pair and instead of walking around town a bit in them first, I decided to do C25K in them and now am suffering from blisters. I'm sure they'll be good once they're worn in though.
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Favorite running shoes? Vibram five fingers Bikila hands down! LOVE THEM. Would never go back to the bricks that are normal shoes now- It weirds me out that I can't feel the ground in them and they make my feet and legs hurt when I wear them.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Nike Free Runners personally
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Reebok RunTones. they are so comfy!!
  • kstob1990
    kstob1990 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    mizunos!! the bestttt! i run everywhere in them- if you go to a store that specializes in running shoes they will usually put you on the treadmill and see how you run and then help you pick the best shoe for your style
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the ones that were recommended to me after the folks at the running store analyzed how I ran, took imprints of my feet, and found the right shoe for me. You should do it too.

Everyone's feet are different, so is the way everyone runs. What is a great shoe for someone else, may not be a great shoe for you.

Just because a shoe fits, doesn't mean you should wear it.
  • bf41382
    bf41382 Posts: 51
    Options
    My favorites are Brooks. Whatever you do, if you are serious about running distance, go to a real athletic shoe store and get a fitting. It makes a true difference.

Agreed! I've been running in the Brooks "Beast" ffor about 4 years (diff pairs) . Mostly for the support the provide.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options

I like this guy :flowerforyou:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    double-posted somehow. sorry folks :blushing:
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    nike shox
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the ones that were recommended to me after the folks at the running store analyzed how I ran, took imprints of my feet, and found the right shoe for me. You should do it too.

Everyone's feet are different, so is the way everyone runs. What is a great shoe for someone else, may not be a great shoe for you.

I chuckled a bit in the end. Great advice! Thank you.
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am serious about running. I'm definitely not pro at it but I started running I'd say 2-3 months ago and I really want to become good at it. It's a goal of mine. I've always been so bad at running and fearful of it because of the exercise induced asthma I have but I've got it under control these days and running has never felt better everywhere except me feet! They really become sore and I'm ready for a change.

I'll look around for a store that specializes in running shoes, as suggested by a few. Thanks all!
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Brooks beast is all I've worn for the last three years. My pediatrist suggested them because I pronate. I also use a black sole insert. #feelsgreatman