Late SNACK❓‼️

Options
What's a gooood late snack and how late is toooooooo late??!!!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It is too late after you fall asleep. A good snack is something you enjoy that fits your calories and other goals.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    What kinds of snacks do you like? Popcorn? Fruit? I could eat pudding at any time of the day
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can only speak to what's been working for me:

For the past 2 months I've been eating about 1/5 of my calories within an hour of my bedtime and I'm down about 18 lbs.

That being said, I am a late eater, and I specifically plan my calories throughput the day so I can eat late. No matter what I did in the past (eat large meals early, small meals throughout the day, etc) I always ended up eating late, so now I just plan it into my calories. It's been working.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I save calories in the evening for ice cream. And I go to bed anywhere from 1-3 hours later. Unless you have problems sleeping on a full stomach, there is no "too late".
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've fallen asleep with a pint of ice cream before soooooooooo
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I've fallen asleep with a pint of ice cream before soooooooooo

Was it all melty when you woke up or did you eat it in your sleep?

I've half fallen asleep while still chewing some kind of food or another (probably a cookie or chocolate). :)
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want, that fits into your calorie goals :) It's about 9pm here and I'm eating 200g of cherries along with a cup of coffee right now.

Also, timing of meals/snacks don't matter-just do whatever time works best for your preferences/schedule!
  • fanoflasvegas
    fanoflasvegas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Fiber One brownies or baked bars such as coffee cake or lemon bar. If have enough calories left I'll have 8 ounces of milk. If I'm lucky it's chocolate milk. :#
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    I often have a piece of toast with honey about 11:30 pm or midnight or so ... not long before bed. :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    What's a gooood late snack and how late is toooooooo late??!!!!

I don't deliberately snack. I'm eating now and it is 9:03pm, but I'll probably not be in bed until midnight.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana!
  • fattbone1904
    fattbone1904 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    What kinds of snacks do you like? Popcorn? Fruit? I could eat pudding at any time of the day

Lately I've noticed I'll eat sometime small but it's close to bed time, and I'm trying to break that habit
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like a little snack after dinner. It's usually 100 calories or less. Creamcicle, Fudgcicle, Halo Top, popcorn or Ritz Crisp & Thins crackers.
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Grilled kale and pine nuts 9 hours before bedtime.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too late. I have my dinner between 10:30 - 11:30pm most nights and go to bed by midnight. Still losing weight.