Seeking motivation and new fitness friends!

Options
Hi, all! I need some help when it comes to motivation. I have hyperthyroidism which made me lose weight but now my body has tricked itself into hypo which makes you gain weight. I gained back all the weight I originally lost and then some because of added depression and anxiety. What are some good tips/ideas to get me motivated and comfortable to work out in front of others? I am also looking to make new friends!

Replies

• LexiKazoo95
    LexiKazoo95 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Add me! :)
  • ourenchantedcottage
    ourenchantedcottage Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think that there are a bunch of us here that will motivate you!. If you hadn't been through enough, now your body has reinvented the definition of hyperthyroidism. That is enough to make someone want to eat enough chocolate to last a year. LOL. Seriously though my prayers are with you.
    Listen there is one thing that I learned about dieting. It's a marathon, not a race. It's hard work, but you can do it. I found it so easy to gain weight, because like you I was getting depressed and had anxiety, it was just harder and harder to be healthy
    And living in our society where people are judged on the outside more than the inside, doesn't help.
    But you are strong, How I know this is? because you are here. Everyone here is a support. I will give you any information you need about food that I know, I am a Culinary Chef.
    What I did discover is that changing your attitude about food and maybe changing the type of food you eat can help. I understand how incredibility hard this is. Like I said, I am a Professional Culinary and Pastry Chef by trade. But please if I can help with anything, or just be your friend, that would make me happy!
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you want someone to talk too or to motivate you with slightly abusive yet uplifting rants I'm your gal! (Kidding, but seriously, I'll gladly talk to anyone on the same journey!)
  • DebBalzer
    DebBalzer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm new here and have Hashimoto - an auto immune disorder which leads to hypothyroidism, which leads to ... weight gain! I need to lose a lot and have just started Qsymia as well. My doctor is super supportive but I won't see her again for months.

How is everyone doing? Where are you getting meal ideas?

Thanks!
  • beciee
    beciee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pls add me
  • bashfulgemini81
    bashfulgemini81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me. I was also recently diagnosed with hashimotos. I need to lose at least 50 lbs
  • Cushyripples
    Cushyripples Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How are you doing on qsymia? I had half my thyroid removed last year due to cancer. The remaining half slowly failed and I've gained a ton of weight. I'm on the right dose of meds and I feel fantastic, but the weight won't come off no matter what I do. My endo is willing to start me on qsymia but she keeps mentioning side effects. Have you had any? Have you been able to lose?