Public Restroom Talk

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
Do you use the handicapped stall? Do you use a courteous flush to hide the sound of your blowout?

Discuss your public restroom habits.

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    yes I totally use the handi stall it's larger than my first dorm room.....
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I use the handicapped stall, because my 3yo always drags me into it when she has to go (it also fits the stroller when we are out and about).

I don't usually leave the house if I'm having a blow out day. That's just asking for trouble.
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    yes only when the others are full, and have never had a need to do that........ I feel sorry for you... :)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    totally use the handicapped. esp if i have a lot of stuff haha. I often wonder if people are self conscious of all of the awkward sounds they make! hmmmmm.... I could care less what I hear, but what about the person making them?!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use the handicapped stall when I have my 2 daughters with me. I figure it's easier & we only take up one stall instead of 3. Pretty sure I've never had a "blowout" in public so no courtesy flushes. I try to avoid using public restrooms anyway.

Also just wanted to say I find it funny that it's all women responding to the post at this point...haha
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What a topic. Couldn't resist responding.

No problem using the handicapped stall. It's not a parking space after all, and you can't get a ticket for it.
    I prefer stalls over urinals, especially if the urinals don't have dividers. Stage fright I guess. Unless I'm drunk or REALLY have to go!
    Don't do a lot of public restroom pooping unless I'm getting some serious rumbly-in-the-tumbly and might not make it home. So the courtesy flush isn't usually an issue, but it's always better to get the blowouts out of the way while you're the only person in the bathroom.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I use the handicapped stall because I generally have both kids with me and in the smaller ones I can't get the door shut without putting someone in the toilet.

And like chuckyp, I don't often have need for the courtesy flush. I'm a shy pooper, and can't usually go unless I'm at home. Makes vacations a little unpleasant.
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options

No problem using the handicapped stall. It's not a parking space after all, and you can't get a ticket for it.

^ love it !! i usually do use the handicapped stalls, they're typically cleaner than the others, not that public bathrooms are superclean anyway. I dont think I've ever used the "courtesy flush" so i should probably apologize to people whove used the bathroom after me :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, this is great. I never used the handicapped stall until I had my son and would need it to either use the baby changing table in there, and now that he's potty trained we use it so we can both fit in there easily.

As far as the blowouts...heck no on the flush...let it blow man, I usually just giggle like a 12 year old when it happens and other people are in there...
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I prefer stalls over urinals, especially if the urinals don't have dividers. Stage fright I guess. Unless I'm drunk or REALLY have to go!
    Don't do a lot of public restroom pooping unless I'm getting some serious rumbly-in-the-tumbly and might not make it home. So the courtesy flush isn't usually an issue, but it's always better to get the blowouts out of the way while you're the only person in the bathroom.

:laugh: Yep. Totally agree, minus the urinal part, as I don't have that issue! LOL!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    yes I totally use the handi stall it's larger than my first dorm room.....

One of my girlfriends calls the handicapped stall the "Taj Mahal" LOL
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i HATE public bathrooms, so if i have to go like right now right now then i use the handicap and hover. and i've never pooped in a public place for as long as i can remember... and don't plan to so the curtsey flush doesn't effect me.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I read a study once about the toilet seats in the stalls further back (i.e. the handicapped stall) are dirtier than the ones closest to the entrance because more people use the ones furthest away from the doors, so I use the closer stalls.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I read a study once about the toilet seats in the stalls further back (i.e. the handicapped stall) are dirtier than the ones closest to the entrance because more people use the ones furthest away from the doors, so I use the closer stalls.

Ditto this!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

I'm w/ you on that one. I avoid the handicap b/c there's usually more traffic in those ones. so the first stall is usually the cleanest from my experience. no courtesy flush though.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    They have this Japanese keychain that makes a toilet sound so when you are in a public restroom it covers up your noise.

And I'm buying one. :indifferent:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    They have this Japanese keychain that makes a toilet sound so when you are in a public restroom it covers up your noise.

And I'm buying one. :indifferent:

Just flush the toilet at the right time.

But then you have the issue of getting sprayed all over your delicate parts. We ladies really don't like to get toilet germs in that area. That keychain is a brilliant idea.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    I don't really care if people are offended by my farty noises because we're in a restroom... If I had a preference on where to hear farty noises my #1 choice would probably be in a restroom, that's how appropriate the situation is.

I usually use the first stall as I walk in, I've found people are less likely to choose the stall right next to you if you're the fist one. That's one thing that makes me crazy, though--if there's an absolute cornucopia of stalls to choose form and someone walks in and picks the one right next to yours. Wtf?